Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
(Ref. No. NRS/490/042022)
SENIOR BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER I (SUPPLY CHAIN)
icipe seeks to recruit a Senior Business Support Officer I (Supply Chain) for its Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF). The position is tenable in Nairobi at the icipe Duduville campus. This is two-year contract, renewable subject to continued project needs, funding for the position, and performance of the staff member. This is a nationally recruited position. A competitive compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Overall purpose of the job
The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF – https://www.rsif-paset.org/) is one of the flagship programmes of the Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET), an initiative by African governments to address systemic gaps in skills and knowledge necessary for long term, sustained economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). PASET was launched in 2013 by the governments of Senegal, Ethiopia and Rwanda. The governments of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, and Mozambique have since joined the initiative, while several others have expressed commitment to enter the partnership.
With funding from African governments, the World Bank and the Korean government, RSIF aims to support PhD training, research and innovation in various African universities that are selected as centres of excellence in fields identified by PASET as priority economic sectors for growth and development, including energy, food security, climate change, ICT and materials science. RSIF has three windows which support PhD training, research and innovation activities and two funding windows i) a general fund, which supports RSIF’s three windows and (ii) the permanent or endowment fund, whose return proceeds will become part of the general fund.
In July 2018, the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (www.icipe.org) was appointed the Regional Coordination Unit (RCU) of RSIF. The mandate of the RCU includes: management of the two funds; supporting the capacity of the universities and partnering institutions to manage the PhD scholarships; creating partnerships with governments, universities and national and international research organisations
for research training, e.g through sandwich training, to promote collaboration with and among the centres of excellence;and, introducing more African governments and other potential strategic partners to PASET to grow funding and to ensure continued continent-wide support.
Reporting to the icipe Procurement Manager, the position holder will support in the procurement of goods, works and services and the disposal of assets of the RCU in accordance with the icipe and World Bank procurement policies and procedures. The Supply Chain Officer will also on occasion be called upon to support and build capacity of the collaborating programme partners in procurement practices.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Procure goods and services for the RCU in line with icipe and World Bank policies and ensure timeliness in the process.
- Prepare procurement plans for the RCU and seek approval from relevant authorities.
- Prepare bid documents, advertise tenders, seek quotations, organise relevant meetings (including pre-bid meetings, bid evaluation meetings and contract committee meetings), and prepare accurate and timely reports/minutes of the meetings.
- Manage procurement logistics with partner institutions.
- Document receipt of goods and services and ensure user acknowledgement of the goods and services.
- Review all RCU invoices and ensure efficient billing and timely payment of service providers and contractors.
- Build procurement capacity of partner institutions.
- Facilitate the disposal of the RCU assets in accordance with the icipe and World Bank procurement policies and procedures when necessary.
- Maintain well-labelled auditable files for the procurement process, including payments to suppliers and consultants.
- Update the World Banks’s Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) system with all required information and file the documents accordingly.
- Facilitate duty-free clearance of overseas shipments by ensuring all documents are submitted to the clearing agent i.e., Import Declaration Forms (IDFs), PRO 1B form, import permits, and marine insurance.
- Any other duties assigned by the Procurement Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including Logistics or Supply Chain Management and Business Administration from a recognised university.
- Professional certification by Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, two of which should be in an international organisation, working on procurement of goods and services.
- Previous experience with World Bank procurement guidelines will be an added advantage.
- Highly organised and meticulous.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Able to manage overlapping projects, keep track of deadlines, and use time efficiently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Track record of impeccable integrity.
This position reports to the Procurement Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted up to 30th April 2022. Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter; (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses, fax numbers); and (c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies/ abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.