Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Chief of Party/Senior Technical Advisor-USAID TB ARC II Activity: CHS/HR/TBARCII/01/2022
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Deputy Chief of Party/ Senior Technical Advisor.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Chief of Party USAID TB ARC II activity, the incumbent shall be responsible for providing technical oversight of implementation activities, project management, and liaison with the National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program, Ministry of Health, and other implementing partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the project’s services and performance are of the highest quality, respond to the specified deliverables and goals of the cooperative agreement, are delivered in a timely manner, and are in full support and compliance with the terms of the cooperative agreement
- Oversee the implementation of program activities and provide high-quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial support, and administrative support to the Chief of Party
- Serve as the technical liaison from CHS to NTLDP and is accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring the quality of services is maintained at the highest standard and providing support for all project objectives and deliverables to be met
- In collaboration with Finance Management Specialist and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Lead, led the development of project annual work plans and monitor implementation to ensure achievement of measurable, impactful outcomes
- Support the operational research agenda of the project and organisation, documentation of best practices and lessons learned, and integration of continuous quality improvement in program activities
- Participate in the preparation of project quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports of the highest quality in order to showcase the achievements and key lessons from the activity
- In collaboration with the Communication Officer and Technical Advisor, ensure preparation of quarterly project newsletters for wide distribution to all key stakeholders
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation and use of data to inform program planning and continuous quality improvement as needed
- In collaboration with specific Technical Officers and the Financial Management Specialist, supervise the work of sub-awardees and contractors to ensure vibrant partnerships.
- Coordinate technical officers to ensure program objectives and priorities are achieved and reported on
- Support the NTLDP in the implementation of the NTLDP Strategic Plan and the development of new program strategies
- Support the uptake and implementation of management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement
- Provide technical support for organisations receiving sub-awards from USAID TB ARC II
- Take lead in the activity implementation of Programmatic Management of DRTB (PMDT) and Childhood TB
- Perform other technical duties as assigned by the supervisor
- A medical professional with Public Health experience, a Master’s Degree in Public Health or a similar field is required
- At least seven (7) years of progressive TB or HIV-related clinical experience
- At least five (5) years of experience working in a not-for-profit setting with 3 of these being in senior management positions. Experience working with USAID projects and operational research is an added advantage
- Working knowledge in project management, capacity building, networking, operational research, monitoring, and evaluation,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions, and oversee their implementation
- Keen attention to detail
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email their application letter and detailed CV as one document with contact details to email@example.com clearly quoting the position you are applying for and reference number as Deputy Chief of Party/Senior Technical Advisor – USAID TB ARC II Activity (CHS/HR/TBARCII/01/2022) by Friday, April 29, 2022, at 5.00 PM.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification