Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR ICT | UF/2022/27
Minimum Qualifications: Masters Degree
Job Term: Permanent
Position Level: UF 3
Remuneration: Min Ksh 174,680 – Max Ksh. 210,050
Number of positions: 1
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Communication and Technology or any other relevant, related and equivalent qualifications; and
Master’s degree from a recognized university in Information Science, Information Communication and Technology or any other relevant, related and equivalent qualifications is an added advantage.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Microsoft certified professional
- MS Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant;
- Microsoft Certified Dynamics 365 Developer;
- MS SQL server certification.
- Proficiency in Programming, Database querying and Data Analytic skills; and
- Membership to any relevant professional body such as Computer Society of Kenya (CSK), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA).
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least ten (10) years’ relevant work experience in Public Service or Private Sector, where five (5) of which must be in management position.
- Information Technology;
- Proficiency in applications development;
- Strategy implementation;
- Database querying;
- Data Analytics;
Behavioral Competencies/ Attributes:
- Interpersonal skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Team player;
- Time management;
- Emotional intelligence;
- Demonstrate appetite for Innovation & Disruptive Technologies; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
The job holder is responsible for ICT strategic planning, business process re-engineering, improvement of operational processes, support for critical business strategies by spearheading the development, implementation and maintenance of innovative ICT solutions in line with Fintech optimization to enhance digital service delivery and data protection for operational efficiency and business continuity.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Spearheading formulation and implementation of ICT policies, strategies and systems to drive and support business;
- Spearheading management of ICT risk management in line with the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework to mitigate directorate risks, hence institutional risks;
- Directing the safe custody, access and security of the Information Asset comprising over one million (1,000,000) customers with a monetary portfolio of over Kshs.113 Billion to ensure sustainability of confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer information.
- Spearheading the development, tracking and control ICT annual operating and capital budget of over Kshs. 300 million to enhance planning and control of institutions finances to support prudent utilization of finances;
- Spearheading the development, implementation and maintenance of software applications for efficient customer service delivery;
- Overseeing acquisition, installation and maintenance of ICT hardware, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP) and infrastructure systems to support customer service delivery;
- Providing leadership in technological innovations, analysis, Big Data analytics and re-engineering of business processes to enhance quality of information systems;
- Identifying and developing the capability to use new tools, reshaping the enterprise’s physical infrastructure and network access to enhance systems leverage;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of a working disaster recovery site and ICT business continuity plan in line with the UF Business Continuity Management Framework;
- Driving the department’s Business Continuity Management activities to ensure human and other departmental assets are protected and continuity of operations in the event of disruptions or a disaster;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the ICT Governance Framework;
- Ensuring accountability for the provision of all ICT infrastructure systems & support services; servers, local area network (LAN), telecommunications, remote access & Desktop support;
- Ensuring that there is an effective and up to date Disaster Recovery Plan for ICT services, ensuring robust backup and failover procedures;
- Spearheading implementation of Quality Management System (ISO) procedures;
- Overseeing the security of the ICT applications and infrastructure;
- Spearheading technical knowledge transfer among directorate staff;
- Ensuring that UF meets legal and contractual obligations relating to ICT resources, systems, services and usage, complying with regulatory requirements such as Data Protection Act of 2019 as well as Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) standards;
- Ensuring the existing equipment and business applications are leveraged and optimized to increase the return on investment;
- Overseeing development of work plans for the directorate for approval;
- Overseeing the design, establishment, and maintenance of a high availability network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access;
- Actively engaging Heads of Departments to ensure configuration and change management initiatives that are sound and non-disruptive to business;
- Assign work, monitor and review performance of directorate staff; and
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Spearheading delivery of ICT objectives and overseeing ICT staff development by establishing a clear career path through coaching and mentoring within an optimal ICT structure;
- Collaborating with business units towards anticipating market business trends and navigating the Organization around developing new technologies and innovations;
- Interpreting vendor contracts and ensuring continuous delivery of ICT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and service providers;
- Scrutinizing the environment to identify, diagnose and mitigate information security threats;
- Liaising with senior management to create a vision and development plan for ICT that supports UF’s initiatives and priorities;
- Continuously reviewing ICT Infrastructure, making capacity recommendations for the improvement capacity of local ICT Systems in support of ongoing business operations & future requirements;
- Ensuring that work and projects are delivered within agreed budgets;
- Ensuring maintenance of accurate asset registers of physical and digital ICT assets
- Ensuring proper management of mission critical corporate applications;
- Leading vendor contract negotiations for maintenance of existing ICT related equipment, all new ICT equipment and software purchased for the Institution;
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of ICT resources within the Institution;
- Ensuring continuous delivery of ICT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and service providers;
- Driving the execution of the approved directorate work plans and budgets;
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of periodic board and management reports for the directorate; and
- Participating in various committees in the institution to realize corporate objectives.
- Overseeing the development of directorate budget;
- Approval of directorate budgeted expenditures and account for Kshs.60 Million; and
- Developing efficient technological innovations and initiatives to manage operational costs for the organization.Providing oversight on all ICT Resources in the Institution such as computers, laptops, printers, servers, storage area network systems and telephony, as well as networking equipment all valued at over Kshs.80 million The job holder will be required to solve the following type of problems
- Complex and open ended problems affecting the University Payment Systems – ICT Nature.
- Problems are highly complex, requiring significant research and creative thinking. Consultations will be required. Solutions could contribute to the body of research / knowledge in this area.
- In depth technical reports, proposals or project briefs affecting the universities,
- Complex ICT reports, proposals or project briefs affecting the universities, the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Planning and National Treasury.
- Acting as communication spokesperson for the Universities Fund entity.
- Negotiation with suppliers over price, contracts or services
- Drafting of internal or external newsletters, general articles or content for newspapers, journals, magazines or internet sites
- Drawing up and amending contracts/drafting of legal documents
- Detailed verbal or written instructions or requests to employees of the institution or contractors
- Makes operational decisions that direct day to day operations, scale and quality of services offered by ICT Division
- Establishes and manages linkages, collaborations and interactions with various arms of stakeholders on matters higher education financing;
- Sets the strategic direction of the ICT Division;
- Influences or changes broad practices or policies affecting an institution or unit/directorate;
- Allocation of work to staff;
- The individual holder will regularly negotiate and persuade with internal and external stakeholders i.e the Universities the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Planning National Treasury and contractors;
- The job holder will need to understand the following information to discharge his/her mandate:
Deadline: April 29, 2022