Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR ICT OFFICER | UF/2022/29
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree
Job Term: Permanent
Position Level: UF 5
Remuneration: Min Ksh 87,324 Max Ksh. 105,840
Number of positions: 1
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Communication and Technology or any other relevant, related and equivalent qualifications;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant supervisory programme lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Membership to any relevant professional body such as Computer Society of Kenya (CSK), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Authority (ICTA) is an added advantage.
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least four (4) years’ relevant work experience in related duties in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Proficiency in Programming;
- Database querying;
- Data Analytics;
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports;
- Negotiation; and
- Report writing.
Behavioral Competencies/ Attributes:
- Interpersonal skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Team player;
- Emotional intelligence;
- Demonstrate appetite for Innovation & Disruptive Technologies; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
The job holder is responsible for Responsible for tasks related to Systems support and maintenance of the Fund’s ERP (SAP system) i.e., undertake System Administration roles for the Operating System, Oracle Database, and System Backup leading in the acquisition, gathering of system requirements, analysis, design, development and maintenance of business applications to facilitate first class customer experience.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ensuring planning and evaluation of business applications departmental activities while ensuring alignment to Enterprise Risk Management Framework;
- Spearheading development of budget to upgrade the existing business systems to meet the requirements of the users; and
- Ensuring documentation of all business applications.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Building and maintaining high performance team focused on delivering first class ICT business application solutions while creating an environment of trust, mutual respect and genuine concern for individual growth and development;
- Creating and maintaining working relationships with the line Managers, Departmental Supervisors, ICT Team, Application users, Business Champions, Contracted Service Providers and Consultants;
- Leading the development team by planning, allocating and following up delivery of business solutions;
- Ensuring the developers have a proper development environment for supporting ability to complete tasks;
- Ensuring comprehensive testing of business applications before deployment and identifying opportunities for improvement and reworks;
- Liaising with business users for development of application test cases;
- Designing the training curriculum for business applications staff;
- Reviewing requirements definition and designing documents for completeness
- Signing off on requirements prior to passing on to developers for the code development;
- Ensuring appropriate documentation is developed and maintained for all business applications;
- Ensuring that applications meet business requirements and systems goals and fulfill end-user requirements;
- Ensuring application issues are identified and resolved;
- Ensuring work is completed with sign off after testing;
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the developers;
- Reporting on development progress to the Principal ICT Officer;
- Ensuring staff are trained in the use of business systems;
- Ensuring deployment of tested business applications;
- Providing reports and statistics on utilization of business applications;
- Performing stress testing, capacity/performance management to ensure quality assurance of business applications;
- Preparing periodic reports to aid in decision making;
- Developing and maintaining of the departmental Risk Register to mitigate directorate risks; and
- Troubleshooting system failures and carry out user support by ensuring problems logged on Helpdesk are resolved.
- Participating in development of applications sectional budget with a value of over Kshs.20 million; and
- Accounting for budget utilization.
Responsibility for physical assets around the area of work:
Responsible for physical assets assigned to the officer by the institution such as laptops, desktops, printers, desks and chairs all valued over Kshs.400,000
Decision Making/ Job Influence:
Assigning work to staff;
- b) Monitoring staff work performance; and
- c) Mentoring and coaching.
Works predominantly in an office environment with occasional field assignments
Deadline: April 29, 2022