Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR | UF/2022/15
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree
Job Term: Permanent
Position Level: UF 5
Remuneration: Min Ksh 87,324 – Max Ksh. 105,840
Number of positions: 1
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
Degree in a Business-related field of study;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)/ Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)/ Certified Risk Information System Control (CRISC) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification;
- b) Membership of a professional body in Good standing; Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)/ Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) or Institute of internal Auditors (IIA).
- c) A Supervisory Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in use of CAATS;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite application (e.g. MS excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio);
- Proficiency in Auditing Principles and Techniques;
- Creativity and innovation
- Results oriented;
Behavioral Competencies/ Attributes:
- Team worker;
- Team and client relationship management skills.
- Fulfills the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
The job holder Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for supervising, ensuring the conduct of various types of audits and reviews in accordance with International Standards for professional practice of Internal Auditing to promote efficiency and effective operations, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information. Review the means of safeguarding assets and verify their existence and in adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervising development and implementation of internal audit policies and procedures to attain section objectives;
- Supervising planning and execution of internal audits in accordance with International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) for best practice to provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness on governance, risk management and internal control systems;
- Supervise audit teams in undertaking consulting assignments, adhoc audits and investigations to achieve the assignment objectives.
- Supervising preparation of audit reports for presentation to management and to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board and ensuring implementation of arising recommendations;
- Work with the Board Audit and Risk Committee Secretary to compile quarterly reports and minutes to assist the Committee to effectively carry out its oversight function;
- Supervising preparation and implementation of the audit section annual budget to ensure targets set are achieved;
- Supervising performance management in the audit section to improve performance;
- Mentoring and coaching the section staff to ensure maintenance of IPPF Standards
- Coordinating the performance of investigations as necessary to ensure clear accountabilities;
- Coordinating performance management in the section to ensure achievement of Balanced Scorecard (BSC) targets.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Participating in the implementation of internal audit budgets, policies, and procedures in compliance with International Professional Practices Framework;
- Preparing of risk based annual audit plans aligned to institution’s objectives for the continuous audit of the risk management, internal controls, and governance processes;
- Implementing of audit plans as approved by the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board including preparation of individual assignment audit plans;
- Implementing the risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology;
- Reviewing issue trackers and working papers to ensure quality and timely performance of audit and consulting assignments;
- Evaluating the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identifying and documenting control and process weaknesses and providing evidential support for findings;
- Participating in closing meetings with clients at the end of fieldwork by providing clear explanations for identified issues;
- Ensuring preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the management on completion of each assignment;
- Preparing of quarterly reports to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board;
- Ensuring that Audit assignments during field work are carried out as per the audit plan and within the time limits and in accordance with accepted standards;
- Participating in the development of the department’s strategic plan and other relevant policies and procedures;
- Participating in the adoption and implementation of appropriate technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the section; and
- m) Ensuring performance of ad hoc audits and investigations as necessary;
- a) Providing assurance on fund’s portfolio annual and the institutional budget amounting to over 87 billion and 19.5 billion respectively.
- b) Preparing and implementing section budget amounting to Kshs. 10million;
- c) Responsible for monitoring the implementation of section budgets;
Responsibility for physical assets around the area of work:
Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
The job holder will be required to solve the following type of problems
- Complex and open-ended problems in all the universities and other areas of the Government.
- Problems are broad and complex, involving more than one area of the Government. Solutions will often be arrived at through the stewardship of a project team.
- Problems are strategic, affecting more than one area of the Government. Consultations will be required.
- Problems often enter new territory, involve significant financial risk and may affect the viability of the universities or the Government. Consultations will be required.
The job holder will need to understand the following information to discharge his/her mandate:
- Detailed verbal /written instructions or requests from universities, students, the Ministry of Education on matters of university education financing;
- Writing Universities Fund internal policy documents as well as university funding policies;
- Financial reports, in depth technical reports, proposals or project briefs affecting the universities, the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Planning and National Treasury.
- Drawing up and amending contracts/drafting of legal documents
- Detailed verbal or written instructions or requests to employees of the institution or contractors
Decision Making/ Job Influence:
- Makes operational decisions that direct day to day operations, scale and quality of services by the department;
- Establishes and manages linkages, collaborations and interactions with various arms of government such as parliament, ministries, county and constituency heads, development partners and other stakeholders on matters higher education financing;
Deadline: April 29, 2022