Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU, www.aku.edu) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change.
As a leading international institution dedicated to excellence and change, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access. The Medical College has 4-year Master of Medicine degrees in anaesthesia, family medicine, medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, pathology, radiology, and surgery.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Internal Communications and Employee Engagement, Specialist
This role sits within the Human Resources (HR) Communications entity of Aga Khan University’s Human Resources (HR) Department.
The Specialist will report to the Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Manager and will manage the development and delivery of local and global-reach internal communications campaigns and employee engagement initiatives. The Specialist will work collaboratively with the manager and other members of the team to advance the employer branding agenda such that Aga Khan University establishes its position as an employer of choice. The role will provide insight and strategic input into the planning of activities and crafting of key internal and external messages. It will be responsible for monitoring budgets, reporting, managing third-party suppliers as well as internal stakeholder relationships. The role will have a strong creative eye, capable of writing comprehensive briefs and assessing creative outputs.
- Develop and manage comprehensive internal communication and employee engagement strategy, plans, activity calendars and supporting action plans
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with the successful delivery and impact of communication activities
- Establish and nurture relationships with identified internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the development and production of printed and digital content and materials
- Drive cost efficiency through involvement in setting and monitoring of budgets and identifying cost savings for optimised outputs
- Oversee the management and reporting of performance data for continuous improvement
- Lead on planning and execution of events and/or presence at events as required for employee engagement activities as required
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders internally to develop compelling award submissions
- Manage the capture and improvement of HR Communications processes and procedures
- Lead on coordination and delivery of town-hall meetings, university assemblies etc.
- Develop comprehensive presentations and case studies for varied audiences as required
- Actively carry out market research and develop insights that will shape day-to-day decision making
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a marketing and/or internal communications role ideally in healthcare or academic industries
- Must have at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, Marketing or other relevant subject areas
- Key Account Management experience in a creative agency background is preferred
- Internal communications and employee engagement experience is an asset
- Must have proven project management skills
- Must have excellent people and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable previous experience working culturally diverse environments
- Must have excellent English comprehension skills and good spoken and written command of the same
- Ability to read and understand Swahili is preferred
- Must be proactive, a problem-solver and be able to navigate fast-paced environments
- Must have excellent presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Must be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and be comfortable operating on SharePoint and PeopleSoft platform
How To Apply