Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Communications Manager – Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary; 4,058,496 – 4,639,992 KES per annum, depending on experience
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 36 Months
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an experienced communications professional to take on the new role of Communications Manager. This role will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Communications Manager will develop, coordinate and execute communications strategies to be implemented for GAIN Kenya as required. The successful candidate will be a key resource, supporting the GAIN Kenya team by driving external and internal communications, and supporting learning across project
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Country Director, and in close collaboration with the GAIN global communications team though Communications Manager – Country Programmes, you will strive to foster better understanding and support to GAIN’s operational work as well as make sure that GAIN’s information, advice, and guidance effectively reaches key audiences to increase uptake of nutritious and safe diets.
Role specifics include;
- Develop, coordinate and supervise execution of GAIN Kenya communications strategy
- Work closely with GAIN’s project teams to deliver compelling content and imagery for both local and global audiences showcasing GAIN’s work in Kenya and impact in addressing malnutrition
- Liaise closely with global communications in ensuring branding guidelines are accurately utilized and reflected in the development of GAIN Kenya assets.
- Identify key opportunities to profile country leadership in relevant convening settings
- Deliver regular thought leadership content e.g. interviews, podcasts, opinion pieces
- Strengthen the digital communication at country level through targeted digital engagement and positioning, develop the capacity of country offices to sustain an up-to-date online (GAIN website) and social media presence
- Build internal communications capacity by providing timely and effective information to all staff across countries, promote stronger staff engagement, identify priority events ie. awareness days
- Provide guidance, tools and content across the organisation to reinforce coherence in messaging and brand
- Systematically employ monitoring and metric tools for measuring impact, gauging gaps and assisting fine tuning of our public communications strategy
You must be a self-starter with substantial experience of working in a similar role in communications, print and broadcast media, preferably with an NGO or in the private sector.
You’ll be an effective communicator and be able to use this skill to develop positive relationships to motivate the team and external stakeholders. In addition, you will have substantial experience in the field of media relations and / or public relations and corporate communications and developing communications strategies.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Proven ability to write, produce a wide range of communication content including and reports, fact sheet, news, article, features, case study etc.
- Proven experience working on social media, graphics design, photography, videography, PowerPoint, Microsoft word and excel and interactive digital media.
- Expertise and experience of working in communication and working with Government, UN, development partners, media, and research agencies
About our offer
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on the 4th May 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in one of advertised locations to be considered for this position. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate.
4 May 2022