Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No. JHIL028
Position: Senior Internal Auditor
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Senior Internal Auditor within Jubilee Health Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Head of Internal Audit and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will be responsible for conducting risk assessment, internal controls assessment, and business process reviews and provide assurance over controls environment within the organization.
- Participate in conducting risk assessments and preparation of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Perform audit assignments as per the audit plan and prepare quality audit reports on audit issues identified and make recommendations based on emerging issues/risks.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and onward reporting of closure status, tracking and monitoring audit issues raised through internal audit assignments, external auditors, IRA inspections and/ or any other assurance provider.
- Ensure audit assignments are undertaken as per the Internal Auditing Standards and within the agreed timelines.
- Prepare accurate, logical and detailed workpapers clearly describing all audit work done and exceptions raised, and conclusions reached.
- Perform first level peer review of team reports for quality before submission to management.
- Continuous review Company practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures including best practice.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding insurance industry regulations, audit best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Participates in departmental and employee education in internal controls & policy and in monitoring audit actions taken by management.
- Assess the efficiency and productivity of internal processes and make recommendations to cut costs and improve profitability.
- Participate in the implementation of business projects geared towards process improvement; and
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Visionary Leadership
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university.
- CPA (K) qualification or its equivalent
- Other professional qualifications like CIA, CISA, CFA.
- Proficiency with CAAT tools like IDEA or ACL.
- Proficient in Data Analytics
- A minimum of five (5) years in internal Audit preferably in the insurance industry
- Regional/Pan African experience.
- Experience in Risk Based Audit
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting
the Job Reference Number and Position by 27th April 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.