Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Recruitment Specialist of Fresh Life, our sanitation innovation company, who will bring in their technical expertise to lead all recruitment related matters and guide our strategy,across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Search for Quality Candidates
- Based on labour market and recruitment trends, advise managers on best sourcing strategies for respective roles in order to attract quality candidates
- Improving inbound leads from better posting by using attractive language, clear JD and utilization of best sourcing strategies in order to access quality candidates
- Active outbound leads through scouring LinkedIn, other such databases, partnerships with local and international universities and institutions for good matches for defined and undefined roles
Attract Quality Candidates
- Sell the candidates on the organization, culture, and role through initial calls/meetings so they remain engaged throughout the screening process
- Sell to potential candidates the perks that come with working with the organization
- As the first point of contact, shape the recruitment experience for all potential hires in order to enhance our employer brand rating
Screen for Quality Candidates
- Co-develop and implement with hiring managers rigorous screening criteria/framework through written exercises and multiple interviews to develop a shortlist of top 5 candidates
- Periodically revise screening criteria/framework to ensure they remain up to date
- Promote candidate engagement by ensuring continuous communication with candidates throughout the interview process
Select Quality Candidates
- In liaison with the interviewing panel, evaluate individual candidate performance to determine the best hire
- Sell the selected candidate on the offer
Leadership, People, and Culture
- Model leadership behaviors and our values to build a positive, thriving recruitment team culture that enables the organizations rapid growth and expansion
- Develop and coach a team of recruiters empowered to lead strategy, people, and implementation in each of their domains towards shared goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related course
- 5+ years hands on experience in identifying and hiring quality candidates in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge in various inbound and outbound sourcing techniques across various platforms
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) such as Salesforce and Odoo
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing environments and work processes
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated passion for the organization’s mission, values and customers
- Excited about driving impact at scale and portfolio growth
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
Job Location: Nairobi
Application Deadline: 2022-04-29
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
Sanergy and Fresh Life do not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). Sanergy and Fresh Life do not ask for information pertaining to your bank account details and any other personal information outside the recruitment process. If you receive such solicitation, kindly contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanergy and Fresh Life: Building healthy, prosperous communities