Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ATTACHMENT – HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Reporting to the Senior Human Resource Officer, the holder will assist in providing human resources services to the various units across campus. The attachment is expected to last three (3) months from the day of assumption of duty, and he/she will also be required to undertake the following duties.
- Help maintain online academic and staff job listings that are updated as vacancies arise.
- Assist in Planning and organizing for interviews and ensure communication with candidates throughout the interview process as guided by the Senior Human Resource Officer.
- Help in the recruitment process by ensuring that interview perks for the panel are ready in good in advance.
- Help in reference checks for successful candidates.
• Employment record management and retention
- Help maintain personnel records by keeping them up to date in accordance with statutory and audit requirements.
- Help in ensuring safe custody of all employee employment records in accordance with the law and university retention guidelines.
- Prepare new employee files.
- Help update employee details in their personal files as guided by the Senior Human Resource Officer and/or the Director Administration.
• Payroll & Administration
- Support in following up with Finance team and relevant government agencies, respective unions to ensure that deductions are remitted on a timely manner.
- Assist in general duties around the office.
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
The attachment is intended to provide learners with supervised practical work experience.
Requirement for Appointment:
- Continuing student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management and has not had any other prior attachment engagement.
- Other requirement: Personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/ problems including when to escalate the problem to the supervisor.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
If you have the requisite qualifications and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, attachment letter from your university, copy of Personal Accident Cover, names, email addresses and telephone contacts of three referees to the email address below by Tuesday, May 3, 2022.
United States International University – Africa
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya