Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role will be responsible for driving a high-performance culture and professionalism by recruiting, managing, and supporting to all sales agents/financial advisors and managers within the branch, coordinating all sales and persistency activities and ensuring that all assigned sales targets are met and exceeded. We have 3 Branch Manager opportunities in Kisumu, Kakamega and Kericho.
- Drive the achievement of the revenue budget for the Branches with a key focus on Ordinary Life.
- Contribute to Single Distribution business model of selling all lines of products as per agreed targets.
- Drive cross-selling and up-selling of Britam products to drive persistency and retention of all business lines
- Select, recruit and train sales force on products, prospecting, closing and persistency.
- Recruit, train and mentor Unit Managers and appraise their units’ daily activity levels
- Inspire and motivate the sales team to achieve a successful sales career and a high-performance culture
- Conduct weekly sales meeting to train and motivate the sales force in providing appropriate financial solutions to prospective clients
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly production performance reports
- Monitor and inspect individual, unit and branch activity levels to ensure that sales quotas are met.
- Continuous performance appraisal by evaluating of actuals against targets and sets goals.
- Monitor and maintain policies persistency though efficient customer service and retention
- Identify and grow new markets, grow the existing ones and guard them from competition.
- Ensure business is conducted in an ethical manner with zero tolerance to fraud.
- Grow and defend Britam’s market share position.
- Direct, guide, manage and offer support to Corporate Sales Executives.
- Formulate and implement strategies that ensure UM’s, FA’s and IFA’s are well versed with Britam products
- Establish and implement strategies to increase sales, lower costs, and obtain greater efficiency.
- Communicate, and enforce company policies and coordinate branch office activities.
- Ensure the Branch adheres to Britam Credit Policy and all other policies and guidelines.
- Protect and safeguard the company against reputational and financial risks
Key Performance Measures – As prescribed in the contractual agreement
- Production, Life Persistency & Business Retention, Recruitment & Training and People Management
- As prescribed in the contractual agreeement
Accountable to the Regional Manager and Head of FA Network.
Responsible for agents working under this position (UM’s, FA’s & IFA’s).
Insurance sector players
Kisumu, Kakamega, Kericho
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or any business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (AIIK, ACII, FLMI or IIK) is an added advantage
- Current IRA license
- 7 – 10 years’ sales management experience in the financial services sector 3 – 4 years of which must be in a management position
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Selling skills;
- Sales and marketing management skills;
- Customer, market and competitor understanding;
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of Britam products; and
- People management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department, promotes the organisational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the department’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, trends and possible risks in the department’s structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; ensure costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.
Unposting Date: 06-05-2022