Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for a dynamic and experienced Project Budget and Compliance Analyst.
The Project Budget and Compliance Analyst will be based in CIP’s Nairobi, Kenya office and will report to the Project Budget and Compliance Specialist
• Perform donor financial eligibility checks, prepare budgets and other corresponding document for donor’s proposals, and financial clearance of new agreements, as part of the Pre-Award cycle.
• Ensure that all donor related information is disseminated to project and, therefore, abide by donor rules and regulations.
• Monitor compliance in the projects, including project audit reports, general financial and contracts issues related to projects and provide support when required.
• Prepare and submit timely and accurate donor reports (W1&W2, W3 and Bilateral Funding) requesting the necessary invoices. Stay current with donor regulations and the award requirements identified in the CIP compliance matrix, to prepare accurate and timely reports.
• Maintain all applicable project records and files in accordance with internal controls, demonstrating compliance with donor requirements.
• Support the projects closeout processes.
• Train country offices and Principal Investigators in budget preparation, monitoring and donor compliance.
• Periodically updates policies and procedures related to budgets preparation.
• Work closely with the accounting team to ensure proper recording of expenses in the system and accurate financial reporting.
• Responsible for preparing monthly internal financial reports which must review and perform an analysis to ensure a correct use of the approved budget against the actual implementation to guarantee the correct use of funds aligned to the approved work plan, data accuracy, avoid cost overruns throughout the life of the project portfolio and work closely with other areas involved to provide solutions or support which would lead to a correct use of the budget and implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree from Finance and Administration or related careers (Accounting, Economy, Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, or related fields).
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
• Experience in Finance or Project management is a plus.
• Knowledge of accounting concepts.
• Knowledge of the international development funding (Desirable)
• Result oriented.
• Organized and methodic.
• Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Strong written and spoken skills in English to communicate at different levels and audiences.
• Fluent in Kiswahili.