Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are on a mission to empower people and businesses, by making it easier to trade in Africa. We are a high-growth tech company that builds fulfillment infrastructure for e-commerce and consumer brands. We work with logistics providers, consumer goods suppliers, financial institutions, payment networks, warehouse providers and regulators so businesses who run on Sendy don’t have to.
Join our team of over 300+ employees enabling 10’000s Fulfillment Sellers and retailers DO MORE. We are currently in Kenya, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire & Nigeria, and looking to expand into 3 new markets in Africa by the end of 2022.
Why you should join our team:
We see you, accept you for who you are & create meaningful work
We are building a world-class design organization and you’ll get to work with and learn from team members with a wealth of expertise and experience.
We want you to feel valued, safe and accepted for who you are and to help us build a culture of true belonging. At Sendy, we are all different, and that is our strength. We draw our diversity in who we are, our experiences, and how we think. To create products that serve everyone, we believe in including everyone to DO MORE! We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable workplace.
Our flexible working culture
You get autonomy and flexibility to build a style of working that is optimal for you. Our hybrid working model allows you to split your working hours, ensuring that our people can integrate their commitments and interests outside work to their thriving careers for a sustainable Sendy. We want you to love what you do, so be sure to discuss this with us during the recruitment process.
Our people’s total wellbeing is a priority for us, to this end our wellbeing, reward and health programs are designed to allow you to come to work feeling your best self. We have a range of options to keep you covered, whether mental or physical wellness, or preparing for the next big milestone in your life – monetary, academic or lifestyle. Click here to review the comprehensive total rewards at Sendy.
About the career opportunity:
Directly accountable to the VP Financial Services and working closely with the members of C-SUITE, Head of Departments & strategic partners you will be responsible for the execution of Sendy Financial Services strategy and Financial products in Kenya. You’ll be charged with training, developing, and retaining a world-class financial services team delivering effective KYC, sales, credit administration and collections.
You will be responsible for:
Analyzing credit information
- Work with Senior Credit Analysts and VP of Financial Services to formulate, investigate and answer key credit questions and provide quality analysis to inform management on the customer, product and performance of the credit portfolio.
- Serve as a Key point of contact for debt fundraising and investor due diligence in Kenya.
- Contribute to the development of reports to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors, including graphical analysis, presentations and verbal and written communications
- Stay up to date on the latest risk related news and trends across the financial services industry, markets,politics etc to anticipate potential impact(s) on Sendy Kenya, our loans, and AR position.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of credit and financial models to be used by the business, including but not limited to bad debt modeling, debt collection processes and credit score modeling.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that actions are appropriately carried out to execute on key initiatives to drive improved credit performance, reduce risk and improve accountability.
- Collaborate with our collections team and incorporate insights and suggestions and necessary changes as observed with customers trends.
- Working in collaboration with the SCA to prepare reports on the performance of the different credit options/strategies being used by the Financial Services Team and their effectiveness in ensuring minimal risk exposure.
- Formulate a world-class in-house credit cycle from evaluation, administration and collections to ensure efficiency, security and fraud control throughout the entire cycle.
- Lead and manage all AR activities, procedures, monitoring standards, reporting, etc with the ARs in Sendy Kenya.
Business unit policies
- Periodically review and update the department’s policies to fit the market changes.
- Any other duties assigned by the Management.
We know you are the best because you have:
- Degree in Business, Mathematical or Statistics or related fields.
- Proven Experience with SQL, Microsoft Power BI.
- Worked in or with a team of data science for Credit scoring models.
- Data analytics skills and financial modeling.
- At least 2 years experience in risk management and financial analysis in the financial space.
- Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk-related issues.
- Should be a self-starter, take initiative, work collaboratively, and can self-manage in ambiguity.
- Proven working experience as a credit analyst.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools – word, PowerPoint, excel.
- Problem solving ability.
How shall we know you are winning in this role?
At Sendy, we focus on outcomes and this allows you to DO MORE!
Tip: To land this gig, please include details of how you have handled training, developing, and retaining a world-class financial services team delivering effective KYC, sales, credit administration and collections.