Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are on a mission to empower people and businesses, by making it easier to trade in Africa. We are a high-growth tech company that builds fulfillment infrastructure for e-commerce and consumer brands. We work with logistics providers, consumer goods suppliers, financial institutions, payment networks, warehouse providers and regulators so businesses who run on Sendy don’t have to.
Join our team of over 300+ employees enabling 10’000s Fulfillment Sellers and retailers DO MORE. We are currently in Kenya, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire & Nigeria, and looking to expand into 3 new markets in Africa by the end of 2022.
Why you should join our team:
We see you, accept you for who you are & create meaningful work
We are building a world-class design organization and you’ll get to work with and learn from team members with a wealth of expertise and experience.
We want you to feel valued, safe and accepted for who you are and to help us build a culture of true belonging. At Sendy, we are all different, and that is our strength. We draw our diversity in who we are, our experiences, and how we think. To create products that serve everyone, we believe in including everyone to DO MORE! We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable workplace.
Our flexible working culture
You get autonomy and flexibility to build a style of working that is optimal for you. Our hybrid working model allows you to split your working hours, ensuring that our people can integrate their commitments and interests outside work to their thriving careers for a sustainable Sendy. We want you to love what you do, so be sure to discuss this with us during the recruitment process.
Our people’s total wellbeing is a priority for us, to this end our wellbeing, reward and health programs are designed to allow you to come to work feeling your best self. We have a range of options to keep you covered, whether mental or physical wellness, or preparing for the next big milestone in your life – monetary, academic or lifestyle. Click here to review the comprehensive total rewards at Sendy.
About the career opportunity:
Directly accountable to the VP Financial Services and working closely with the members of C-SUITE & Head of Departments. We are seeking a talented analytics professional who thrives at the intersection of data, human behavior, marketing, product, and engineering. The individual will have a strong technical and analytical background, as well as an intense hunger to make a significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and deploy solutions using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, machine learning techniques and statistics.
- Identifying and making recommendations to our stakeholders so that they can apply these insights to positively impact our overall business.
- Demonstrated success presenting complex research data in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action.
- Build statistical forecasting models and frameworks to support operations planning.
- Research and utilize advanced sampling and modeling techniques to enhance modeling results
- Provide analytical results to support strategic business decisions and the formulation of such decisions
- Produce data visualization such as charts, infographics, and dashboards to communicate findings and actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders clearly and effectively
We know you are the best because you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Economics or other related fields.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical and machine learning models: logistic regression.
- Excellent SQL, Logistic Regression, Zero Inflated Poisson Regression, AI/ML models and Python skills with a good understanding of best practices in software engineering and data engineering.
- Strong mathematical and statistical ability along with a proven ability to solve complex business problems with effective solutions in a commercial environment.
- Statistical modeling and data analysis experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, sampling theory,
- Previous 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in fintech company desirable.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- Self-propelled continuous learner who keeps up with new tools and methodologies.
- Analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking can balance attention to detail with swift execution.
How shall we know you are winning in this role?
At Sendy, we focus on outcomes and this allows you to DO MORE!
Tip: To land this gig, please include details of your strong technical and analytical background, as well as an intense hunger to make a significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes.