Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC seeks to recruit a Program Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Health and Wellbeing Program within the Research Division.
- Manage the Program Leader’s office and respond to queries in his/her absence;
- Schedule appointments for the Program Leader and other members of the team as necessary;
- Manage meetings of the program, including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Identify action points during meetings and follow up with the concerned parties to ensure accomplishment;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for contracts, project activities, correspondences, and documents for quick and easy reference;
- Provide support in preparation and formatting of contracts and reports;
- Assist in proposal development process taking responsibility for administrative sections of proposals developed and ensuring all application requirements are met;
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Maintain grant reporting requirements and schedules in the Project Management System (PMS) and follow-up on project reports to ensure submission by due dates; and
- Help in monitoring project implementation including review of burn rates on the online management accounting system.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in an INGO, research organization or large research program.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of French will be a plus.
- Good planning, financial and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess priorities and manage competing demands with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by May 05, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons