Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB ADVERT FOR FUNDRAISING, MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Farming Systems Kenya is a registered Faith Based NGO that has been operating in Kenya since 1981 to reduce poverty through agricultural and community development interventions
The organization works with and supports small-holder farmers to improve their productivity and incomes.
To this end, the organization wishes to recruit a competent, qualified and result oriented person to fill the position of a Fundraising, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer who will be responsible for providing technical input and coordinating functions related to Fundraising, M&E for FSK Projects. The FM&E officer’s key role will be to ensure effective planning, implementation and reporting of Monitoring and Evaluation related activities for the FSK Projects and spearhead fundraising initiatives.
Essential Character and Character traits
Born again, result oriented, values committed, self-motivated, accountable, good presentation skills and honest
Call for job applicants:
FSK is looking for a motivated and talented Fundraising, Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer to facilitate FSK’s resource mobilization efforts, while assisting in implementing organization-wide M&E and donor/grant reporting. The position also offers opportunities to work closely with senior management to help guide the organization’s strategic development and identify new funding opportunities.
Additionally, she/he will work with other members of the team, as need be, on grants writing and fundraising efforts, support the development of internal processes and procedures, and other tasks as assigned by the Management.
The successful applicant will assist FSK’s Senior Programmes Manager (SPM) to measure the effectiveness and impact of FSK programs and support the management team to ensure the organization is meeting its commitments to donors, partners and members. He/she will work closely with colleagues to assess program effectiveness and efficiency, support capacity building initiatives on FM&E, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the Management.
She/He will collaborate with the various FSK Program Managers in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual narrative internal and donor reports.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Fundraising and Institutional Development: identify and support fundraising efforts, including developing project proposals to advance and sustain the mission of the organization
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Spearhead the design, management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities
- Project Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting: assist in the collection and analysis of data and drafting and timely submission of activity reports to partners and donors
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising and Institutional Development
- Develop a donor/partners database based on mapping of known and new funding opportunities
- Monitor and keep track of donors and stakeholders’ requests, reporting requirements, and deadlines including calls for proposals
- Maintain good relations and seek new partnerships with donors, partners, and Civil Society Organization networks
- Spearhead the fundraising initiative in collaboration with the FSK team on grant application review and proposal development
- Update and support in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of donor project proposals
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide assistance on program proposals, including developing M&E plans, logical frameworks, and performance monitoring plans
- Support the drafting of annual work plans, budgets and all other relevant reports
- Support the assessment and planning of the overall FSK program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Assist the Management in identifying, developing, utilizing and systematizing performance monitoring and evaluation tools and systems to strengthen program management and donor reporting
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results
- Assist the FSK team to develop appropriate indicators of success and innovative methods of program impact measurement
- Work with the FSK technical staff to meet donor requirements in performance monitoring and reporting, and effectively convey stories about program results
- Assist the SPM to coordinate and manage program and activity evaluations including developing terms of reference
- Design and coordinate orientations, trainings and mentoring on M&E for staff on M&E practices, data collection tools and protocols and data quality assurance
- Take the Lead in identifying and updating key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them
Project Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting
- Draft, coordinate inputs and review of donor annual reports and terminal reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time.
- Review and analyze monthly reports with the SPM to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Routinely update and post in FSK’s internal project management platform on project activities and progress towards achieving the outputs and outcomes.
- Report to management any identified risks associated with program activities.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the Management.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within and across programs
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to support Program staff and/or the SPM
- Support the Management to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development studies or other relevant academic background
- At least 5 years of experience in donor relations, fundraising, and M&E experience
- Ability to design and implement M&E tools, surveys, systems, and evaluations
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs, proposals and reports in English
- Proactive and self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Good level of proficiency in Word processing, spread sheets, quantitative analysis and any other relevant data analysis tools
- Commitment to the values, and objectives of the organization.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidate who meet the requirements of the above position should send their applications to the address below so as to reach the Executive Director on or before Friday, 29th April 2022, 5.00pm.
Send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading “Application: Fundraising, Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
FSK is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates of all nationalities and backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply.