Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Opening date: 11th April, 2022 Vacancy No. CGHR/267/03/22
Program description: Genomics of African Vectors for NMCP Management of Insecticide Resistance (GAVENIR) project was designed to develop the capacity of African scientists to use next–generation sequencing (NGS) data to inform their insecticide resistance management (IRM) strategies. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next one year. The project seeks to fill the following position(s).
Position: Administrative Officer– KMR 6
Location: Kisumu – Kisian
Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration or equivalent
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Good management, interpersonal, decision making and analytical skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in computer usage especially Microsoft packages.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Requisitions and follows up on supplies, stationery, printing, maintenance and other services from relevant offices e.g., Procurement office.
• Coordinates logistical arrangements for program activities such as workshops, seminars and other study training programs. Also assists in the preparation of training materials and booking resources and equipment.
• Assists in the preparation and tracking of the study supplies.
• Prepare and submit budget reports and expenditure tracking.
• Coordinates personnel travel through the preparation of travel requests and travel orders for local and international travel and following up travel advances and reimbursement vouchers with Kisumu Accounts offices.
• Schedules, coordinates, attends, takes minutes and follows up on study meetings. Calendar management including set up of meetings
• Undertake other administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time in line with the KEMRI regulations.
Terms of Employment: Six (6) months fixed term contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
1. Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
2. Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e–mail address
3. Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
4. Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
5. KRA tax compliance certificate
6. Certificate of good conduct
How To Apply
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website http://www.kemri.go.ke/e recruitment – E–Recruitment Portal on or before 1th May 2022 latest 5.00 p.m.
Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI/CDC AND DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY.
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.