Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Opening date: April 11, 2022 Vacancy No. CGHR/269/02/22
Position Description: The Kenya Medical Research Institute/Centre for Global Health Research (KEMRI/CGHR), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) are collaborating to conduct research on malaria, HIV, TB and other diseases of public health importance. An exciting opportunity is currently open for a
Research Scientist in the “a systematic review and individual participant data (IPD) meta–analysis of the impact of malaria in pregnancy on Infant health” project. This IPD meta–analysis is funded by a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Malaria to the WorldWide Antimalarial Resistance Network (WWARN).
Position: Research Scientist, KMR 6 (1 position)
Location: Kisumu County
Reporting: Principal Investigator
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical sciences, Public health, Epidemiology and or Biostatistics or any other related field from a recognized institution.
• Proficiency in computer applications and statistical softwares
• Knowledge in systematic reviews and/or meta–analysis will be added advantage.
Key skills and competencies
• Planning skills
• Communication and report writing skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
The Research Scientist will report to the Principal Investigator and will be responsible for ensuring the systematic review and preliminary IPD meta–analysis is conducted to the highest standards possible as per the study guidelines. S/he will be trained to conduct systematic reviews and meta–
analyses under guidance. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, professionally and ethically with competence, accountability and integrity. His/her functions will include but not be limited to the following;
• Searching for literature in electronic databases and other sources.
• Extracting data or information from selected primary studies using recommended tools.
• Resolving data discrepancies identified during data extraction and cleaning up of data sets.
• Quality assessment of included studies.
• Conduct preliminary meta–analyses under the guidance of the supervisor.
• Contribute to preparing and reviewing manuscript(s) for peer–review submission.
• Any other duties assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Terms of Employment: 1–year fixed contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first three months. This is a one–year project.
Training opportunities: The post will include on–line or off–site training opportunities in
evidence synthesis and meta–analysis.
Remuneration: The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
Applications should include the following:
1. Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
2. Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e–mail address
3. Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e–mail addresses
4. Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
How To Apply
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website http://www.kemri.go.ke/e recruitment – E–Recruitment Portal on or before 1st May 2022 latest 5.00 p.m.
Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI/CDC AND DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY.
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.