Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Enhanced Single Registry (ESR) in Kenya has provided an opportunity for a consolidation mechanism to collect and store data from vulnerable groups and existing social protection beneficiaries. The ESR, once fully implemented will not only avail data for beneficiaries of social assistance schemes but will make it easier for implementers to respond to shocks and emergencies. The Enhanced Single Registry is also now able to integrate policy tools and utilize digitized harmonized registration and targeting tool. The main functions for the Enhanced Single Registry include:
i. the Social Registry Function which supports the registration of vulnerable populations in the country.
ii. The Integrated Beneficiary Registry function hosts detailed information of beneficiaries enrolled across various social protection programmes.
iii. Complementarity function that enables social protection partners to interact with the ESR management information system (MIS), and request for aggregated and disaggregated data on potential and enrolled beneficiaries, which is not available on the public portal of the ESR MIS.
iv. Monitoring and evaluation function based on linkages with other systems. Other services include cross-checking data sets for purposes of de-duplication as well as IPRS verification services.
The aim of the consultancy is to develop institutional standards that are robust enough to support development and evolution of social protection management information systems and specifically enhanced single registries and other related MISs. These standards, informed by best practices and lessons learnt, will be applicable and used in different country contexts. The objective of the assignment is to develop Best Practices and lessons learnt documentation, convert them into online and where applicable interactive content and then upload this content onto the MLSP’s Knowledge Management System (KMS) for access by both stakeholders within the Kenyan context and other country contexts.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
A break-down of the objectives is provided below:
- Carry out qualitative study of the experiences and learning from key stakeholders involved in the ESR development and implementation process.
- Review, analyse experiences, consolidate and document findings into best practices and lessons learnt that are easily accessible.
- Facilitate a validation process of the standards / SOPs with a small group of representatives from Key stakeholders drawn from the government and non-government agencies.
- Convert the standards / SOPs into online and interactive content where possible and upload onto the MLSP KMS.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
MSc/MA in Information systems, computer science or information technology or related fields. Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with additional 3 – 5 years’ experience.
5 – 8 years of professional experience in analysis of information systems, process management and process orchestration and the entire business process lifecycle from mapping to elicitation and improvement. Extensive knowledge of database systems and network architecture is a plus.
Knowledge of different methodologies that can be used to develop user experiences and learnings. These methodologies may include design thinking approaches.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing.
- Sound understanding of government machinery and operations in order to meet the needs of the MLSP and an ability to meet realistic expectations.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of standard project management tools and techniques to schedule, plan and correct project performance.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the stakeholders involved in Social Protection intervention and strategies to inform development of SOPs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Sound understanding and practice in business process documentation and generation of online content.
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Strong environmental scanning, analysis and interpretive skills.
- Strong negotiating and persuasive presentation skills.
- Proficiency and experience at working with multidisciplinary teams and cultivating strategic alliances with local and international actors.
- Proven ability and experience in leading and facilitating validation workshop.
- Excellent communication skills for discussing issues and extracting learnings with all manner of persons
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Knowledge of different methodologies that can be used to develop user experiences and learnings.
- The consultant should be able to handle multiple tasks under pressure, work independently and have excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applicants profile MUST match the C.V attached. Any discrepancies between the C.V and the profile will lead to automatic disqualification.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 5 May 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.