Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The purpose of this role is to conceptualize and develop strong end to end 3PL services to our customers across East Africa. The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of 3PL commercial, operations and administrative functions, including modern warehouse management. Strong working knowledge of sales, marketing, shipping, receiving, inventory management and pricing structure a plus. The successful candidate shall be based in Mombasa, Kenya as the point of operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business development:
- Strategically plan, budget and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services
- Ensuring that all objectives are in line with the company’s business plan and strategy.
- Develop networks to drive 3PL business development
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers
- Champion logistics solutions and process improvements for 3PL and supply chain projects
- Actively and professionally manage 3PL customers
- Actively manage 3PL risks.
- Efficiently oversee and manage 3PL transactions (the inventory, warehouse, and distribution) to ensure all required processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Drive continuous improvement in all 3PL services and process.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems, challenges, or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timely targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Stakeholder management:
- Manage extensive and effective communications with 3PL partners, drivers, warehouse team and appropriate departments.
- Support Customer Experience improvements around Supply Chain by collaborating with key stakeholders
- Collating data for KPIs on supplier delivery performance, quality and schedules.
- Develop and maintain supplier/customer relationships to ensure that communication and supply of information is at the highest level both internally and externally.
- Oversee and ensure supplier compliance
- Ensure sufficient and efficient 3PL Operations procedures and manage a well-trained team
- Ensure adherence to the relevant Quality Management System.
- Set KPIs and metrics to monitor performance
- Ensure compliance to local and global environmental, health, safety, and security requirements
- Accurately maintain the appropriate administration of processes for reporting and tracking
- Any other duty assigned by management
Key Competencies and Skills
Competencies & Skills
- Thorough understanding of 3PL commercial, operations and administrative functions. Strong working knowledge of sales, marketing, shipping, receiving, inventory management and pricing structure a plus.
- Proven experience development of 3PL solutions for customers
- Proven working experience in Logistics at management and supervisory level
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent
- 3-5 years solid experience in 3PL management
How To Apply
All interested persons to submit, through email, their application, CV, academic certificates, training certificate and testimonials to email@example.com, attention the Human Resource Manager. This advert runs for 7 days. Canvassing in will lead to automatic disqualification.