Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title : Senior Finance Assistant
Vacancy Number : IOMRONBO/SVN/006/2022
Duty Station : Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Classification : General Service Category, Grade G6
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Nine months with possibility of
extension subject to funding
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
- Provide procedural guidance to managers and staff; supervise, guide and train other finance support staff;
- Manage financial resources through monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
- Provide specialized advice and support to Project Managers and/or Chief of Missions/Head of Office/Head of Sub-office on financial and administrative matters;
- Provide specialized support preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating the cost of staff as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses;
- Assist in monitoring compliance with financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Consolidate data into financial statements and assist in monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within authorized levels;
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial information to support informed financial decision making;
- Assist monitoring that bank reconciliations for IOM accounts are regularly performed and reviewed by designated stakeholders;
- Manage and prepare the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
- Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorizations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation;
- Provide assistance responding to audit queries and follow up on audit recommendations;
- Review the status and monitor the proper maintenance of Vendor Accounts in accounting system;
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related field with four years of relevant professional experience. or.
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Qualified CPA or ACCA or equivalent qualification is highly desirable;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Hard working, good team player, dedicated, ability to monitor and follow up on pending matters;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision;
Fluency in English and Kiswahili (oral and written). Working knowledge of French is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 08 May 2022
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process, or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.