Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Member, Tax Appeals Tribunal (positions for other professionals who are not Advocates of the High Court of Kenya)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 25/2022
Number of Posts: Nine (9)
Terms of Service: Fulltime basis for a term of three years, re-renewable once subject to satisfactory performance
Work Station: NAIROBI
Date registered 21-Apr-2022
Opening Date of Advert 20-Apr-2022
Closing Date of Advert 27-Apr-2022
For appointment to the position of Member of the Tax Appeals Tribunal, the applicant must possess the following minimum qualifications set out in Section 4 & 4A(b) of the Tax Appeals Tribunal (Amendment) Act No. 7 of 2022, namely:
- High moral character and integrity in accordance with Chapter six of the Constitution;
- A degree in law, business, finance, public finance, economics, insurance or related discipline from a university recognized in Kenya or any other relevant qualification from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- At least ten years’ experience in matters relating to the discipline referred to under item 2 above.
- Is not a public officer or a tax agent
- Has not at any time within the preceding five years been an employee of the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Has met his/her tax obligations;
- Has not been convicted of an offence under any law; and
- Has not been adjudged bankrupt by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Duties and Responsibilities
-A Member shall serve in the Tax Appeals Tribunal. The functions and jurisdiction of the Tax Appeals Tribunal provided for under Section 3 the Tax Appeals Tribunal Act, No. 40 of 2013 to hear appeals filed against any tax decision made by Commissioner appointed under Kenya Revenue Authority Act.
– The Member of the Tax Appeals Tribunal shall:
- Drive the Tribunal’s vision and mission through the implementation of its Programmes and Plans;
- Mobilize and manage the resources of the Tribunal to achieve its core mandate;
- Provide requisite leadership to ensure the Tribunal attains a high level of competitiveness and ethical standards in its entire programmes.
- Preside over all the proceedings where he/she is present in person with unlimited geographical and pecuniary jurisdiction on matters of disputes;
- Participate in hearing and determination of all disputes which come before the full bench;
- Enter judgments in default of appearance;
- Determine and pronounce upon any point of law arising in the course of proceedings before the Tribunal;
- Approve, sign, issue and certify orders, decrees and certificates of costs, copies of proceedings and warrants of attachments for execution of Court decrees and orders.
- Write and pronounce awards, judgments, orders, rulings and decrees issued by the Tribunal.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: https:www.jsc.go.ke_index.php_careers. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
- A letter of application, clearly indicating the title and vacancy applied for;
- A detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae, to include background information such as community service, financial discipline, involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including financial contribution to political party parties (if any) and criminal record, professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photograph.
- Three (3) samples of any professional writings, including but not limited to judgments, advocacy submissions in courts, scholarly writings or any publications that the applicant has authored,
- Declaration of income and liabilities as at the time of making the application, using the prescribed forms “The Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities Form JSC 2b” which can be downloaded from the JSC jobs portal: https:www.jsc.go.ke_index.php_careers
- (Copies of testimonials, academic certificates and transcripts.
- Professional certificates and membership to professional bodies.
- Signed statement by the applicant confirming that he or she:
– i) Is not a public officer or a tax agent;
– ii) Has not at any time within the preceding five years been an employee of the Kenya Revenue Authority;
– iii) Has met his/ her tax obligations;
– iv) Has not been convicted of an offence under any law
– v) Has not been adjudged bankrupt by a court of competent jurisdiction.
– Successful candidates offered appointment will be required to submit copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies:
– • Kenya Revenue Authority,
– • Higher Education Loans Board,
– • Professional body (as applicable)
– • Directorate of Criminal Investigation,
– • Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
– • a recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
– The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 27TH APRIL, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
– Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
– Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
– Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
– The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
– THE SECRETARY
– JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
– P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI
– Telephone: +254 20-2739180
– E-mail: email@example.com
– Commission Offices: Reinsurance Plaza,
– Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.
How To Apply