Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job will be in the Kenya Country Office and will report to an Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist the Protocol team in carrying out the work of the Programme Unit, and deputize for the Manager in his/her absence as follows:
- Apply the provisions of the WFP Host Country Agreement to Internationally recruited UN Staff Members posted to the Kenya Duty Station.
- Coordinate with the relevant Kenya Government representatives (demonstrating tact, diplomacy, firmness and persistence when necessary) to negotiate and solve sensitive and complicated problems. Escalate issues to the Head of Admin if necessary.
- Maintain regular contact with the regular Kenyan Government offices to ensure that information available to staff on immigration, duty-free, and VAT exemptions is updated immediately changes occur.
- Conduct briefings for new staff members on immigration formalities, duty-free and tax exemption privileges, and vehicle registration, and ensure that the information is up to date; provide guidance to staff members in completing forms relating to the privileges and exemptions.
- Ensure the timely processing of the following for the organization and eligible internationally recruited staff members and their dependents: notification of arrival documentation and the issuance of diplomatic identity cards and PIN numbers. Issuance of re-entry passes and renewal of the same; duty free imports and purchase of duty-free liquor and tobacco (official/ staff members); issuance and renewal of interim and new Kenyan driving licenses; registration of new / second hand vehicles and transfer / disposal of used vehicles (official / staff members); VAT exemptions (official / staff members), issuance of red number plates and airport passes.
- Provide assistance to the Protocol team in the maintenance and integrity of data and records, generation of reliable reports and statistics, and daily work distribution within the Unit, as follows:
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system and electronic database with client data and ensure the integrity of data stored therein. Track expiry dates of documents and visas and notify clients to initiate renewal action in good time.
- Prepare workload statistics from data extracted from all databases and generate reports as required.
- Prepare correspondence, Note Verbal’s, covering letters, and reports upon request.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont.)
- Records and Data Management: Responsible for assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing valuable collections of historical information for the country office.
- Ensure the CO complies with the records management regulations and policies.
- Manage the archived paper documents in line with the corporate guidelines ensuring that archived documents are readily retrievable.
- Manage the set-up of electronic records archives, ensuring swift and easy data access and retrieval as required.
- Set-up of filing system ensuring that Country Office information is accurately managed and readily available and accessible.
- Manage the safe disposal of archived documents in accordance with the retention policy.
- Ensure that records are well protected, managing the environment where they are stored.
- Supervise other General Service Staff in the Unit as follows:
- Provide guidance to other general service staff in the Unit.
- Foster teamwork and communication among staff in the Unit.
- Lead by example.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont.)
3. Airport Protocol Duties
- Facilitate the reservations of Airport VIP Lounges at JKIA, Wilson Airport and other airports (as applicable) to facilitate the arrivals and departures for WFP Senior Staff and VIP
- Conduct airport arrival and departure formalities for WFP Senior Staff and invited VIP Guests
- Ensure that all arriving guests/staff (entitled) are paged, assisted through the Immigrations, Customs, baggage clearance and directions to transport facilities.
- Stand by at the Departure Terminals for departing guests/staff (entitled) and assist with check-in procedures, luggage, etc. as and when required.
- Liaise with WFP transport office or designated transport providers on any changes affecting the Arrival and Departure flight schedules.
- Maintain a good and Professional relationship with all official sectors at the airport – Airlines personnel, Immigration, Customs, etc. to ensure WFP guests/staff receive well deserving services.
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Client Orientation:
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of services to clients,
- Technology Awareness:
- Keeps abreast of available technology
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks
- Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Knowledge of database maintenance functions.
- Ability to undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources.
- Demonstrated ability to apply good judgement in the context of assignments given
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible work experience, including at least three years in administrative protocol services.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (East African Time) on 09 May 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.