Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Head – Agents and Merchants Banking
Are you keen to scale new heights and redefine success whilst creating value for your leadership brand?
Do you possess extensive experience in driving business and a proven ability to deliver exceptional results? If you have ambition, energy and drive – then this is an opportunity that you should consider.
Reporting to Head Card Payments Department, the position has the responsibility to formulate and execute Agency and Merchant Banking Business Strategy in alignment with the Group Business Strategic Plan. This will involve designing, developing, rolling out and management of the Agency Banking Business through the acquisition of agents in compliance with the set agent selection criteria and ensuring customer usage of agent outlets.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Establish and drive Agency Banking strategy in line with the overall bank’s objectives, ensuring that the CBK guidelines are adhered to.
- Drive and Establish Merchant Acquiring Business strategies in line with the overall Bank’s objectives.
- Innovate on Agency and acquire business in line with the market dynamics and technological advancements.
- Ensure continuous product reviews, craft and develop new products, functionalities as well as enhance existing ones depending on the market and customer need changes as informed by market intelligence.
- Come up with strategies to Grow Transaction numbers per channel / Touchpoint
- Drive sales in the merchant, agency and social payments initiatives and ensure quality on-boards across the Bank to ensure low dormancy.
- Engage various institutions, Fintechs for Partnerships for growth.
- Execute operational excellence, cost management and compliance to internal policies and CBK guidelines.
- Design and implement service experience and carry out branding as well as training.
- Effectively manage field officers and relationship managers across the country to ensure delivery of exceptional service to customers.
- Continuously monitor and review process flows and ensure availability and reliability of the systems for seamless agent transactions.
- Drive business growth, keep track of staff and clients, overall performance at the branch and regional level ensuring annual targets are achieved
- Monitor and support field officers regionally and branch-wise while providing feedback to relevant stakeholders for growth.
- Establish and implement strategies for utilization of the Bank’s Agents’ and Merchants Network
- Manage pricing for all services offered on the channels.
- Ensure renewal of licenses annually as well as initiate and ensure the establishment of a robust remuneration tariff for agents.
- Champion customer service and implementation of quality service delivery standards.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A University degree.
- 5 years’ experience in Agency /acquiring Banking management role, driving business development.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills and business closure techniques.
- Proven people, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Strong risk analytical skills.
- A result-driven ‘team player’, personality with a willingness and ability to work in a dynamic working environment.
- Innovative, with prior experience in product development. Has wide knowledge of Agency Banking and understands the Regulatory Authority requirements.
- Strong communication skills both in person and in writing with excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal skills, analytical and professional with an enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- A high aptitude and comfort level with technical environments and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment and able to meet aggressive deadlines.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number HAMB/RBBD/2022 by 11th May 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer.