Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
You can join our journey too.
We’re looking for a Junior Application Security Engineer to join our Application Security Team. Our Application Security Team at M-KOPA provide intelligence on hacking of M-KOPA devices. Your main objective will be to Provide support and test M-KOPA devices for security flaws, particularly mobile phones.
To achieve this, you’ll be expected to:
- Perform vulnerability reviews of M-KOPA mobile, IoT and automotive devices
- Learn and conduct in-depth hardware penetration testing, particularly for Android mobile and embedded systems
- Assist in the identification and discover of zero-day vulnerabilities in Android applications, the underlying kernels, and hardware boards
- Help carry out internal penetration testing against applications, and with internal red teaming engagements
You Might Be A Good Fit If You…
- Have fundamental knowledge of Android applications and IoT devices
- Can, at times, work on your own to research cutting-edge security topics
- Have a decent knowledge of the Linux operating system, potentially the kernel itself
- Have any experience within penetration testing, vulnerability discovery or have been successful in bug bounty programs
This position will report to our Senior Security Engineer and can be based anywhere where possible to work within a time zone -1/+3 hours UTC. We can offer a full-time permanent contract of employment to candidates’ resident in the UK, Kenya, Uganda or Nigeria, where our offices are based, together with a competitive salary (dependent on skills and experience), company bonus (dependent on company performance and OKRs), and a range of company benefits. For applicants who are resident in countries outside of where our offices are based, we can offer a 3 year consultancy contract, together with a freelance daily rate and an annual bonus incentive.
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.