Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our Analytics Engineering team. Data Analytics at M-KOPA is new and evolving, sitting at the intersection of Data Science and Analytics, Reporting and Data Engineering, with the aim to multiply the effectiveness of everyone in these teams by creating and maintaining the data infrastructure and systems that our analytics workflows are built from. Its contributions are key to ensuring our data science and analytics activities can scale with the rich, high-volume datasets generated by the M-KOPA ecosystem. We are looking for someone who is familiar with and understands the requirements of analytic workstreams while bringing engineering best practices and rigor to build robust systems and processes. Your main objective will be to build systems and processes that provide reliable and easy access to our data and enable the wider data team to work more efficiently.
To achieve this, you’ll be expected to:
- Increase the velocity of our transition to a modern data stack (dbt, Airflow, Python, Spark, Synapse, Kubernetes, Docker, + ….).
- Design and collaborate on efficient data ingestion to our data warehouse from data sources including published events, data lakes, data bases and API integrations.
- Develop automation frameworks for data pipelines and analytics processes.
- Set high standards of work including security, infra as code, documentation etc.
- Integrate and maintain the infrastructure used in data analytics workstream (data lakes, data warehouses, automation frameworks).
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a clear, concise data model.
- Contribute to efficient storage of our data in the data warehouse, identifying performance improvements from table and query redesign.
- Write quality ELT code with an eye towards performance and maintainability and empower other analysts to use and contribute to ELT frameworks and tools.
- Improve the overall Data team’s workflow through knowledge sharing, proper documentation, and code review.
- Abstract logic into libraries and patterns of work that enable teams to build value from our data independently.
You Might Be A Good Fit If You…
- You have a bachelors’ degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a similar field.
- You enjoy abstracting, generalizing, and creating efficient, scalable solutions where they are needed.
- You enjoy creating patterns and processes as well as solving presented problems.
- Strong foundation of software development best practices (collaborative development via git, testing, continuous integration, deployment pipelines and infrastructure as code).
- Strong SQL Skills.
- Have experience with python.
- Have experience deploying code to production via automated deployments on the cloud.
- Have experience working on associated platforms (Azure, AWS etc).
It would also be beneficial to have
- Experience building ingestion and/or reporting from streaming datasets and event architectures.
- Experience with distributed compute tools such as Spark and DataBricks.
- Experience with dbt or a good basis to learn it from.
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow.
- Familiarity with using analytics or working with analytics teams.
- Experience with Kubernetes not expected but a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Looker or Tableau.
This position will report to Head of Data Analytics and be based anywhere where possible to work within a time zone -1/+3 hours UTC. We can offer a full-time permanent contract of employment to candidates’ resident in the UK, Kenya, Uganda or Nigeria, where our offices are based, together with a competitive salary (dependent on skills and experience), company bonus (dependent on company performance and OKRs), and a range of company benefits. For applicants who are resident in countries outside of where our offices are based, we can offer a 3 year consultancy contract, together with a freelance daily rate and an annual bonus incentive. You will also need to travel as needed to Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, and/or Ghana to engage with our customers and in-country teams.
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.