Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Junior Associate (Impact at Scale)
Salary: 1,616,220 – 1,848,828 (KES)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 24 Months
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is growing. We need the best people to support our mission to tackle malnutrition and this requires the best people in the field to help us reach our local and global goals.
As a Junior Associate you will play a key role in the delivery of our projects and programmes. This role is a 2 Year Fixed Term Contract.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition.
Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people.
In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The overall purpose of this position is to support the implementation and monitoring of the Nutrition Impact at Scale (NIS) Program. NIS works work with Enterprise/SME Support Organizations to provide tools and resources to scale nutrition impact. The program is implemented in six African countries.
NIS is a program within GAIN’s Nutrition Enterprise Unit. The unit is GAIN’s centre of expertise on Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in nutritious food value chains.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Support the selection of program partners
- Support the use and continuous improvement of the program Standard Operating Process
- Collect and compile indicator information and progress reports, including project dashboards, for the project.
- Implement financial policies and procedures and ensure payments have been processed timely and accordingly.
- Deliver monthly financial updates to wider team at internal teams meeting and financial reports according to needs of the unit.
- Take responsibility for drafting contracts and processing them as necessary and liaise with the legal team in so doing
- Secure timely signatures on program contracts and ensure processes are duly followed.
- Experience in agriculture or business, with agribusiness experience preferred
- Experience conducting needs assessments/gap analysis and facilitating technical assistance for SMEs highly desirable.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with agribusiness managers from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Computer literacy with good Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Indicators Monitoring databases a plus
About our offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from 1,616,220 (KES) – 1,848,828 (KES) Depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes hybrid flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 10th May 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Kenya. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor relocations or working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
10 May 2022