Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP and its partners: PATH Foundation Philippines, Inc (PFPI), Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD), Pan African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA) and FHI360 are implementing a project titled Building Capacity for Integrated FP/RH and PED Action (BUILD) funded by USAID Washington. The project seeks to address the interlinked Population, Environment and Development (PED) challenge for sustainable development in low and middle-income countries to enable integrated FP/RH and PED action using the Systems Thinking approach.
AFIDEP, therefore, invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) expert. The position will be based in our Kenya office with responsibilities to coordinate regional activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the MERL Expert will be to:
- Support BUILD Program partners to develop their respective MERL Plans
- Develop quarterly project performance reports
- Coordinate development of the project’s annual work plans
- Guide the process of identifying key program performance indicators including developing the parameters for monitoring program performance.
- Develop the project monitoring tools
- Track activity implementation and undertake analysis of implementation milestones
- Provide leadership in writing results-based target-oriented quarterly and annual program performance reports.
- Develop a plan for capacity building on M&E for staff of AFIDEP and partner organizations
- Regularly visit BUILD partner organizations to provide M&E technical support
- Communicate learning for internal and external audiences
Qualifications and Experiences
- Undergraduate qualification in Biostatistics, Applied Statistics or a relevant discipline
- Postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Knowledge of integrated multi-sectoral programming
- Good analytical skills coupled with ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- A minimum of five (5) years experience working as a MERL Officer for a regional or international organization.
- Experience and knowledge in using a wide range of project planning methods and good understanding of the project management cycle.
- Working in a USAID funded project will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research skills developed preferably within a research institution.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Creative and independent report writing skills
- Proven ability to structure persuasive arguments in a strategic way
- Fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills with excellent command of data analysis and reporting software
How to apply:
Candidates meeting the above essential and some of the desirable qualifications and experience can send the following:
- A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications, competencies, and skills
- An up-to-date CV including three relevant referees
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later 10th May 2022 with the title “MERL Expert- BUILD Program as the subject line
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.