Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance Assistant-Kakuma-Kenya (Temporary 6 Months Maternity Leave Cover)
DanChurchAid (DCA)-Kenya is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to provide financial services support on temporary basis, covering for maternity leave for a period of 6 Months.
The main responsibilities of the Finance Assistant are:
- Maintain and update cashbook on daily basis and have up-to-date petty cash balance
- Check all payment requests before payment is made and ensure proper coding and budget availability
- Timely booking of all monthly payments into Maconomy
- Ensure that the DCA financial manual procedures and guidelines are followed at the field office
- Assist in managing and reconciling bank/cash and other balance sheet accounts as well as booking transactions in Maconomy.
- Prepare and send monthly cash forecast to Nairobi office
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and manage re-ordering processes
- Support programme staff on interpretation of project budgets and monthly programme financial reports
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultants field visits & donor visits together with implementing partners
- Relevant Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field from a recognized university and/or (minimum) accounting qualification – CPA II
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting/finance, preferably with INGO experience.
- Adequate working experience with any ERP system (Quickbooks/SAGE/Other).
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office; specifically, MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Familiarity with using TEAMs, Zoom or other software for remote engagement an advantage)
- Knowledge of and interest in the humanitarian and development context in Kenya.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in a challenging working environment.
- Excellence in English, oral and written.
The position is temporary, covering for maternity leave for 6 months
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
The deadline for applications is: 10/05/2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.