Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I&M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
The role is responsible for deploying business intelligence methods for purposes of driving client wallet deepening initiatives.
The Incumbent will report to the Head of Client Solutions, Personal and Business Banking and will be responsible for:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis.
- Develop new data sets using feature engineering techniques.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic actionable insights.
- Leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of agile delivery.
- Implement analytical model designs, perform any restructuring required and review dataset implementations performed by the data engineer and BI developers.
- Select features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using bank selected data mining tools.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation / manuals on models developed, reports generated, and statistical solutions devised.
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for advanced analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in reports, dashboards and charts.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems, dormancy predictors and constant tracking of its performance.
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
- Design, create, interpret and manage large data sets to achieve business goals.
- Design, build and maintain various parts of the data warehousing with respect to requirements gathering, data modelling, metric establishment, reporting production and data visualization.
- Gather and process raw, unstructured data at scale into a form suitable for analysis then consolidate into the data warehouse in order to perform business intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Implement statistical data quality procedures or test-driven approach for quality assurance.
- Knowledge of coding principles with pyspark or spark 8 and capability to perform queries, aggregations, joins and transformations using spark, hive and pig.
- Deliver value by creating functions, classes and packages to automate processes and workflows for production deployment.
- Evaluate data sets for accuracy and quality using statistical data quality procedures, software, or test driven approaches that ensure quality assurance and solve any issues which may arise.
- Improve data foundational procedures, guidelines, standards and develop best practices for data management, maintenance, reporting and security.
- Conduct performance tuning to be able to optimize the application of statistical models and scripts.
- Carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret data science solutions.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of data processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes and tools and identifying areas for improvement and implementing high impact changes and getting feedback from stakeholders.
- Understand key performance measures and indicators that drive the company performance measurement, reporting and analytics across functions and understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Work with business customers to understand business requirements and implement solutions and with business owners to develop business questions and to build datasets that answer those questions.
- Assist to analyse use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modelling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgement and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional training in data science and analytics will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Technical skills;
- Ability to communicate;
- Report writing skills; and
- Numeric skills.
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledgeable in financial analysis;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Good credit risk assessment skills.
Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 13th May 2022