Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit two clinicians to obtain consent from eligible study participants, administer questionnaires, collect, and package samples as per the study operations manual and conduct rapid tests for brucellosis.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Identify patients as per the inclusion criteria, administer informed consent them, and enroll them into the study
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the recruited study participants in accordance with the predetermined interview protocol and documentation standards
- Complete study questionnaire completely and accurately in electronic format as specified during the study specific training
- Review data to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Collect blood samples from eligible study participants
- Conduct rapid tests as stipulated in the study protocols
- Ensure proper documentation, packaging, and shipping of samples to the specified laboratory
- Manage field supplies
- Make bi-weekly calls to household heads to inquire about wellness status of the study participants
- Submit regular progress reports to the PI
- Other duties related to the study as may be assigned by the PI
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or Clinical Medicine with a minimum of one year experience Or Diploma in relevant field with three years relevant experience
- Registered with the relevant regulatory authority.
- Experience in zoonotic disease research
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and apply specified field procedures and protocols
- Good organization and time management skills
- Good team dynamics and interaction skills.
- Willing to regularly travel to the study sites for data collection
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is an added advantage
Post location: The position will be based in Isiolo, Kenya.
Terms of Appointment This position is at job level HG 10. The position on 1-year fixed term. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 10 May 2022. The position title and reference number REF: AHH/417 /2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.