Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req27315
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, IHUB, Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Director Internal Audit (New York), the Senior Internal Auditor will conduct audits of IRC locations and functions. The audits will be designed to identify risks to achieving the IRC’s strategic, operational, reporting and compliance objectives; assess the adequacy of internal controls to mitigate identified risks; access the effectiveness and efficiency of IRC operations; and recommend appropriate actions to reduce associated risks. The audits will focus on evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of global and local processes and controls.
The Senior Internal Auditor will not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintain the highest ethical standards and due professional care in their work.
• Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in planning Country Office and functional audits, special reviews and investigations.
• Conduct Country Office and functional audits, special reviews and investigations.
• Draft audit findings that clearly describe the conditions, criteria, cause and effect and recommendations to correct identified deficiencies.
• Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in monitoring progress of the corrective actions by management to correct identified deficiencies.
• Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in continuously improving the audit process through new tools and techniques.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director Internal Audit
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: All levels of the IRC’s regional and country organizations and headquarters’ departments
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business related field
Certificates or Licenses: CPA/CA or CIA or actively pursuing one of these certifications
• Minimum 2 years of external or internal auditing experience
• Experience working in the Not-for-Profit or INGO sectors or grant supported organizations
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Communications – Written and Oral English
• COSO Internal Control Framework
• Auditing Principles and Techniques
• Process Documentation
• Data Analysis
• Risk Management Principles and Techniques
• MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO
Language Skills: Fluency in French a plus
• Position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a standard office work environment
• Travel up to 50% including travel to underdeveloped countries
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.