Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Assistant Manager – AR, AP, Treasury & Grants will ensure timely payment processing to all our suppliers, reporting on grants and contributions received from our funders, including grant mapping and grant income reconciliation, support cash management and AR & AP account reconciliation on a monthly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and post all payment invoices in the accounting system
- Ensure timely payments for all our service providers
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Ensure vendor statements for all active accounts are received and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Reconcile Accounts Payables and investigate any discrepancies arising
- Support all the WHVAT/WHT Filing
- Respond to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to negotiate payment terms
- Prepare analyses of accounts and produce monthly reports
- Continue to improve the payment process
- Forecast monthly cash flow needs
- Collaborate with the retention teams to track and manage AR performance to improve our collections
- Collaborate with the retention teams to prepare and analyze all AR reports and models to track key metrics
- Reconcile all revenue related TBs and share documentation with the Audit team
- Identify operational efficiencies/policy and procedural enhancements to improve internal controls
- Track monthly grants expenses for the organization (Grant Mapping)
- Prepare financial reporting documentation for grantors & accounting-related due diligence for potential grantors
- For any grants that require an audit, direct the external audit & support with back-up documentation when required
- Record commitments to properly accrue revenue
- Reconcile Grants Receivable vs schedules of payments expected (Grant Income Reconciliation)
- Monitor Bank Balances/ Currency Conversion/ Payments uploads
- Prepare/review monthly bank reconciliation reports regarding all transactions to all bank accounts
- Own the relationships with all banking, foreign exchange, and other cash cycle related vendors
- Ensure daily cash balances and foreign exchange is efficiently managed to plan
- Report at least monthly on cash cycle management KPIs
- Develop and implement the CAPA process for all material variances between plan and actual in the cash cycle management to ensure issues are immediately corrected and root cause addressed so they do not repeat
- Proactively keep up to date and regularly analyze and recommend changes to our treasury policies and procedures based on updates to relevant standards, regulations, and industry best practices
- Develop and implement methodology for controlling foreign exchange exposure, idle cash management, debt facilities management and interest rate risk management
- Business Degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of CPA 2 or it’s equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in accounting with at least 2 year on Cash, AR & AP management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge an added advantage
- Be an excellent team player/collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
20th May 2022
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.