Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Senior Associate – Accounts Payable will ensure timely payment processing to all the suppliers and direct AP account reconciliation on a monthly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and post all payment invoices in the accounting system
- Ensure timely payments for all our service providers
- Review the bank payment upload files prior to authorization
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Ensure vendor statements for all active accounts are received and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Oversee the reconciliation of Accounts payables and investigate any discrepancies arising
- Filing Statutory Deductions for payroll (PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, HELB etc.)
- Provide guidance on all the WHVAT/WHT Filing
- Responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Collaboration with external stakeholders to negotiate payment terms
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports; AP Aging
- Continuing to improve the payment process
- Reconcile all expenses related ledgers and share documentation with the Audit team
- Identify operational efficiencies/policy and procedural enhancements to improve internal controls
- Business Degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of CPA 2 or it’s equivalent will be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting with at least 1 year on AP management
- Advanced excel knowledge an added advantage
- Be an excellent team player/collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
Head office – Nairobi
Click Here To Apply
2 May 2022
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
IF YOU RECEIVE SUCH SOLICITATION, KINDLY CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT firstname.lastname@example.org
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE