Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job ID: R-36905
Category: Supply Chain
Purpose of Role
To organize and coordinate the implementation of end to end manufacturing processes, improvements, innovations, process design, automation, and development in factories to the achievement of the desired outcomes by ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget, and quality as per agreed plans and maintaining the desired controls.
The Process Specialist is responsible for the analysis and validation of all process improvements and the establishment of revised basic conditions on the line. A core deliverable is to eliminate losses and wastes and increase the stability of the line while delivering the required product quality.
Role Requirements on Initiation of Post
- Able to visualize clearly what the ideal production system is.
- Able to clearly understand operating principles and establish correct operating standards.
- Able to present findings and rationales clearly so that the whole factory team can understand.
- Able to make logical decisions based on data.
- Possess a challenging and pioneering spirit.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- A degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Production, Process Control, or Chemical )
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya or Institution of Engineers of Kenya
- 2 Years’ experience in food manufacturing and processing factory, Project Management experience preferably with significant automated process control.
- Fully proficient in the use of computer packages, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft projects, and Computer-aided design (AUTOCAD)
- Must demonstrate a flair for improvement engineering and coaching
- Must demonstrate a strong technical knowledge across all the site’s processes and lines. Must possess strong engineering leadership credentials with a proven ability to eliminate loss and waste on significant projects
- Experience in statistical process control tools.
- Experience in AM, PM, Quality, and FI tools and processes
- Guide Factories on the elimination of waste and Loss according to the WCM prioritization process using AM, PM, FI, and QC pillar tools and methodologies.
- Create Technical Standards to ensure process stability on the line.
- Train line Operators on technical standards and restoration of basic conditions (Stability sustainability).
- Identify and extend the good practice to other lines
- Keeps abreast with all new technology covering tea making, the market, packing, maintenance, transport, and energy usage
- Leads continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and ensure the uniform implementation of best operating practice in all sections of manufacture.
- Propose and coordinate implement process control improvements in the factory in liaison with the line and unit manager.
- Participate in continuous improvement by rolling out best-operating practices in the operations across all units.
- Support the development of process controls in new Tea Technologies.
- Support factory processes to achieve Made Tea Quality in line with Unilever Requirements
- Co-ordinating process research and development data collection in the factory.
- Data analysis and development of process parameters and machinery specifications (targets and limits).
- Recommending suitable process machinery, equipment, and controls.
- Developing new best operating practices to improve manufacturing efficiency, safety, and leverage on costs of product competitiveness.
- Leads continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and ensures the uniform implementation of best-operating practice in all sections of manufacture.
- Monitoring major modifications, upgrades, preventive /renovation maintenance of all plant, machinery, equipment, factory buildings, and structures to optimal standards
- Maintaining close communications with the factory managers and plant managers to ensure process works are at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet customer requirements
- Providing technical recommendations and information to plant and business management regarding process and equipment capabilities and limitations, including both identification of bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
- Working with Factory management and corporate engineering to identify, plan and implement technical improvements, both in-process and capital equipment additions.
- Trouble-shooting the referred day-to-day production-related problems and issues by providing sound engineering solutions and the implementation of changes on a timely basis for the achievement of optimum equipment utilization/efficiency
- Ensuring that all engineering aspects of manufacturing operations or processes meet specified Unilever requirements and legal regulations
As per job/site requirements, local travel is likely.
Should meet expectations on the Unilever Standards of Leadership behaviors relevant to the work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.