Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Linking, Learning and Amplifier Officer Kenya – Voice Program
Region: Hivos East Africa
Hours: Full time
Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life-sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.
As a co-implementer of the Voice program Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of: Linking, Learning and Amplifier Officer Kenya
Voice is an innovative grant facility financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to support rightsholders and groups facing marginalization or discrimination in their efforts to exert influence in accessing productive and social services and political participation. Voice operates in a context where civic space and power is shifting at a fast pace, and often closing rather than opening. Voice is implemented in ten countries in Africa and Asia, by a consortium between Oxfam Novib and Hivos. For more information please visit www.voice.global
The expected results for the position are:
- Linking and learning between and among grantees and other programs within Hivos and/or Oxfam.
- Well-coordinated and high quality Linking and Learning facilitation by the Linking and Learning facilitation grantee.
- Inclusive and participatory practices.
- Amplification of stories of grantees and Linking and Learning highlights.
The position is based in Kenya with travel in-country and limited travel opportunities to attend international events.
- Promote Linking and Learning in all we do; Coordinate Linking and learning with the Linking and Learning facilitators and motivate Voice grantee partners to develop their own linking and learning;
- Support the Voice Program Officer in Kenya in the assessment and analyses of grantees’ own linking and learning as well as capacity development interests;
- Facilitate selecting, contracting and post-contract grant management of Linking and Learning and capacity development facilitators;
- Support the Voice Program Officer in Kenya in the assessment and analysis of the Innovate and Learn grant applications, with particular focus on the learning questions and the nature of the innovation.
Managing the Linking and Learning component effectively by:
- Coordinating implementation of Linking & Learning and innovative interventions with the Linking and Learning facilitator (e.g. organizing learning events, facilitate the constitution of Communities of Practice, support the realization of innovation labs) at country level;
- Furthering the development of a common national approach of linking and learning together with the Linking and Learning facilitator and key stakeholders and aligning the Monitoring & Evaluation framework;
- Facilitating documentation and communication of lessons learnt and good practices of inclusion, empowerment processes, capacity development support and influencing;
- Facilitating mapping of knowledge gaps and documentation of learning agendas among the rightsholders group(s) and grantee partners;
- Collaborating closely with the roving Monitoring and Evaluation officer around the identification, documentation and amplification of grantee project results and changes, in particular, related to Outcome Harvesting and Voices of Change;
- Supporting the analyses, validation and aggregation of learning;
- Leading the reassessment (process) of the Voice country context analysis;
- Promoting and overseeing the use of Linking and Learning infrastructure for full documentation of the linking and learning processes and sharing lessons learnt;
- Participating and contributing actively to the Voice Linking and Learning Community of Practice.
In close collaboration with the Communications Hub, managing the amplification/ communication component effectively by:
- Identifying and proposing opportunities to amplify the voices of grantees (like (inter)national commemoration days, existing campaigns, use of networks). At national level you will take initiative while at a global level it will be in collaboration with the Communications Hub;
- Promoting and applying a hope-based and inclusive narrative
- Promoting and supporting the elaboration of audio-visual materials, blogs, vlogs, and other products;
- Sharing the communication products including Lessons learnt, stories, blogs, research findings) at different and relevant fora/media;
- Managing and advising on the use of Voice branding and communications.
We are looking for a creative process facilitator, with great listening and writing skills and openness to co-create the Linking and Learning component together with grantee partners and a Linking and learning facilitating organization. Experience working around social inclusion with rightsholder groups that face discrimination and marginalisation in society is core.
- Experience in designing and facilitating linking and learning activities.
- Knowledge of and being able to apply participatory linking and learning methodologies and inclusive facilitation.
- Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalization, influencing, and capacity development.
- Background in education, social sciences or other relevant sectors.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Well acquainted with social media and word press
- Organizational facilitation and coordinating skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritise.
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a multicultural environment. Comfortable working with all Voice rightsholders groups.
- Ability to document, share and profile lessons learnt and learning processes.
For this role, we are especially encouraging applications from people who identify as being part of one or more of the five rightsholder groups Voice stands for. Please let us know in your application if this is the case and what reasonable accommodation we need to make for you to feel included