Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Plumber to be responsible for the installation, refurbishment, repairs and maintenance of plumbing, drainage, and other related facilities in the institute, to ensure that the facilities perform reliably, efficiently, cost effectively, and safe to use or operate.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Ensure plumbing and drainage works are done as per the laid down standards and protocol.
- Plan, and participate in coming up with specifications, interpretation of blueprints, construction, installation, commissioning, modification, maintenance, and repair of plumbing works.
- Prepare standard operating procedures for plumbing works, etc to ensure proper care, usage and maintenance of plumbing facilities, equipment, and tools so to continuously provide services, promote improvement of workplace safety and other conducive environmental practices.
- Prepare and present weekly job card reports, status, closure, and analysis setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate conclusions and recommendations for tasks under their charge.
- As delegated by the immediate supervisor coordinate with external service providers and contractors to ensure efficient and up to expected standard of service.
- Work with others to prepare the terms of reference and bills of quantities for various in-house and outsourced works.
- Carry out installation, operation, and maintenance of all the water systems (plumbing, drainage, firefighting, and sanitary fittings).
- Carry out mechanical fitting, welding, and refurbishment of mechanical structures.
- Carry out service and repairs of manhole and wastewater facilities.
- Carry out operation of specialised plants, including boilers, incinerator, cremator, and effluent treatment plant, etc.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and ensure procedures on plumbing, drainage, firefighting equipment, steam, fuel/gas equipment as well as other related systems and Equipment.
- Participate in the handling and transportation of related equipment wherever it is required in any section of the Institute.
- Assist in confirming specifications while the Institute is procuring of new equipment by providing technical specifications in plumbing, drainage, steam, and other activities in relevant areas of their work.
- Updating the stores department on the spares to restock and which ones are obsolete.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years’ work experience or Diploma in relevant field with 5 years’ experience
- Relevant professional certification in plumbing and mechanical works.
- Knowledge in reporting faults, execution, and resolution and closing of jobs through computer systems
- Team player and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge of health, safety, environmental and security expectations.
- Innovative and creative in solving emerging challenges.
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Terms of Appointment This position is at job level HG 11. The position is 3 years contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 15 May 2022. The position title and reference number REF: CS/444/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.