Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Kenya Institute of Supplies Management is a corporate body established through an Act of Parliament, the “Supplies Practitioners Management Act (SPMA), 2007”. KISM is mandated to make provision for the training, registration and licensing of supplies practitioners; to regulate their practice and for connected purposes. The Institute serves as the National body for Procurement and Supply Chain Professionals in the private and public sectors in Kenya.
The KISM Council is seeking to recruit a hands-on, dynamic, and knowledgeable and performance-oriented person to fill the position of HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER, Ref. HRM-001/2022
Description of this Vacancy and Requirements is outlined here below.
Department: Human Resource & Administration
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
To provide leadership and policy development on all Human Resource and Administration functions in line with set business plans and objectives by ensuring the Institute attracts, develops and retains the best talent in the industry and aligning them to the business strategy to deliver the Institute’s mandate.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Conduct workforce analysis, determine optimum staff requirements and design organizational structure that maximizes synergies across functions to support the implementation of the approved strategic plan
- Provide oversight on the recruitment and selection process to ensure the Institute has a critical mass of qualified human resource within the approved establishment with the required competencies necessary for the implementation of functional strategic management plans
- Design and Coordinate the implementation of the performance management system and ensure that individual and team performance is continuously monitored and measured against realistic but challenging targets aligned to the strategic direction by clearly defining performance measures and indicators, expected timeframe as well as resource requirements.
- Oversee implementation of an effective human resource management information system for monitoring, tracking, and evaluating employee activities including staff training, performance management, and welfare programs.
- Coordinate resolution of employee grievances and disciplinary cases, recommending appropriate action to resolve problems as well as assisting employees to find satisfactory solutions to personal problems through counselling services
- Develop and implement human resource policies and procedures aimed at enhancing workplace relations
- Assess training needs analysis and baseline attitude surveys to design and implement relevant training programs aimed at building capacity.
- Facilitate implementation of Administration and Human Resource Policies and practices
- Maintain employee records and employment contracts
- Conduct performance appraisal for support staff
- Facilitate employee relations and welfare initiatives
- Payroll processing
- manage the Leave program
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with Workplace safety, Labour Laws and related statutory requirements
- Facilitate premises maintenance and outsourced services management, records management and coordination of general administrative services.
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics to relevant government bodies like Labour office, NEA (e.g. turnover rates, employee returns).
- Prepare and manage HR/Admin operating and Capital budget.
QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/ Social Science from a recognized university. Professional Certification in Human Resource Management;
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in good standing.
- Holds a valid Practicing Certificate from the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM))
A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant working experience, four (4) years of which should be at management level, in Human Resource Management
- outstanding competency on all Labour Laws and statutory requirements decision making, leadership skills,
- Leadership, planning and organizing skills, Communication and interpersonal skills.
- customer service skills,
- A team player with strong analytical skills. conversant with HRIS
In addition to the professional qualifications, successful candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity and possess;
- Valid certificate of Good conduct
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission o Certificate of compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) o A valid Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance clearance
o A valid certificate of clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau o A relevant identification document
o Valid Membership Certificate from relevant Professional body
All Application letters indicating the role and reference number, together with Curriculum Vitae and relevant certificates should be sent online in PDF format addressed to the CEO KISM, email@example.com to reach him not later than Thursday, 12th May 2022.
All applicants will also be required (MANDATORY) to submit a filed KISM Job Application Form (Google Form) in addition to sending the application letter and certifications. The template form (Google Form) can be accessed using this link https://forms.gle/md4Vbxju9WoiwEky6
KISM is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.