Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Institute of Supplies Management is a corporate body established through an Act of Parliament, the “Supplies Practitioners Management Act (SPMA), 2007”. KISM is mandated to make provision for the training, registration and licensing of supplies practitioners; to regulate their practice and for connected purposes. The Institute serves as the National body for Procurement and Supply Chain Professionals in the private and public sectors in Kenya.
The KISM Council is seeking to recruit a hands-on, dynamic, and knowledgeable and performance-oriented person to fill the position of ICT OFFICER, Ref. ICTO-OO1/2022
Description of this Vacancy and Requirements is outlined here below.
Department: Corporate Services
Reporting To: Finance Manager
The ICT Officer is responsible for all work activities, planning, development, deployment, and provision of information communication and technology services and infrastructure in support of the Institute’s business. He or she maintains the network and develops new needed IT solutions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the institute’s strategy on ICT.
- Formulate ICT policies, and implementation of programs in support of business goals and objectives.
- Undertake the automation of key KISM’s processes.
- Deploy and manage ICT system security, controls, and ensure compliance. Advise management on strategic systems conversions and integrations
- prepare enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
- Ensure the security of the information, information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Establish Institute infrastructure to support and guide individual departments in computing and information technology efforts.
- Deploy and manage network infrastructure Monitor the ICT services (service providers) Deploy Integration of functional systems,
- Develop, deploy and mount disaster recovery plans
- Innovate and deploy functional solutions/tools in support of the Institute
- Undertake Security risk assessment in the development, deployment, and utilization of ICT infrastructure.
- Design and deploy ICT solutions.
- Manage the Budget for the section. Provide ICT Technical Support
- Database Management
- MS Navision Implementation and Support
- Liaise directly with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Ensure licenses and permissions required to operate Networks are granted.
- Participate in the assessment of security related projects and formulate recommendations Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, software
- Perform any other functions connected therewith or incidental thereto.
QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information and communications technology (ICT);
- Professional Certification in SQL Server Database, Microsoft Dynamics NAV Computer Literate;
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of a networking IP environment
- Practical knowledge of computer operations and experience in supporting Microsoft operating systems and office applications, telecommunications equipment and other ICT hardware.
- Member of a professional body in good standing
Six (6) Years of relevant working experience; 3 years of which should be in a supervisory role Hands-on experience with wireless and VOIP systems and knowledge of Windows Server, Linux Server, and network monitoring software an asset
- expert ICT skills
- Problem solving, with strong analytical skills
- ability to use computer operating systems to access software
- able to confidently use core computer programmes to produce common digital information Ability to understand, troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
- Ability to understand corporate systems and associated system integration and relationships.
- planning and organizing skills, a strong team player strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of ICT platforms and applications Able to maintain confidential information
- Reliable, Proactive, resourceful, solution-oriented
In addition to the professional qualifications, successful candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity and possess;
- Valid certificate of Good conduct
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Certificate of compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) A valid Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance clearance
- A valid certificate of clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau A relevant identification document
- Valid Membership Certificate from relevant Professional body
All Application letters indicating the role and reference number, together with Curriculum Vitae and relevant certificates should be sent online in PDF format addressed to the CEO KISM, email@example.com to reach him not later than Thursday, 12th May 2022.
All applicants will also be required (MANDATORY) to submit a filed KISM Job Application Form (Google Form) in addition to sending the application letter and certifications. The template form (Google Form) can be accessed using this link https://forms.gle/md4Vbxju9WoiwEky6
KISM is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.