Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEMBERSHIP SERVICES OFFICER
The Kenya Institute of Supplies Management is a corporate body established through an Act of Parliament, the “Supplies Practitioners Management Act (SPMA), 2007”. KISM is mandated to make provision for the training, registration and licensing of supplies practitioners; to regulate their practice and for connected purposes. The Institute serves as the National body for Procurement and Supply Chain Professionals in the private and public sectors in Kenya.
The KISM Council is seeking to recruit a hands-on, dynamic, and knowledgeable and performance-oriented person to fill the position of MEMBERSHIP SERVICES OFFICER Ref. MSO-001/2022
Description of this Vacancy and Requirements is outlined here below.
Department: Registration & Membership Services
Reporting To: Registrar
To manage membership services and processing of registration and licensing of procurement and supply chain management professionals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Registration and licensing of Members
- Ensure recruitment and retention of members.
- Facilitate the registration process and issuance of membership cards, certificates and licenses. Support monitoring of compliance to registration and licensing requirements
- Support evaluation of syllabi for purpose of admitting members
- Attend to membership inquiries.
- Manage correspondence on membership
- Identify topical areas on procurement and defines the scope for presentations for membership forum and capacity development initiatives.
- Coordinate advisory services to corporates. Develop value-add services to members
- Coordinate member networking initiatives (forums, sensitization workshops)
Documentation and Records Management
- Manage member’s data base.
- Manage and updates members’ records.
Support development of policies
- Contribute to development of operational policies, planning and Strategies under the membership function
- Provide secretariat services to Registration Committee and strategizing on outcomes and implementation with committee members.
- Contribute to the delivery of departmental plans and projects
Support CPD delivery initiatives
- Confirmation of members’ CPD status
- Support identification of trainers
QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related course
- Professional Certification in Supply Chain Management;
- Membership to the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) in good standing.
Six (6) Years of relevant working experience; 3 years of which should be in a supervisory role work experience in a similar professional body is an added advantage
- Experience in Database Management Organizing, skills,
- Communication and interpersonal skills. A team player with strong analytical skills.
- ICT skills
In addition to the professional qualifications, successful candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity and possess;
- Valid certificate of Good conduct
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission o Certificate of compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) o A valid Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance clearance
o A valid certificate of clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau o A relevant identification document
o Valid Membership Certificate from relevant Professional body
All Application letters indicating the role and reference number, together with Curriculum Vitae and relevant certificates should be sent online in PDF format addressed to the CEO KISM, email@example.com to reach him not later than Thursday, 12th May 2022.
All applicants will also be required (MANDATORY) to submit a filed KISM Job Application Form (Google Form) in addition to sending the application letter and certifications. The template form (Google Form) can be accessed using this link https://forms.gle/md4Vbxju9WoiwEky6
KISM is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.