Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time.
Role: Director of Legal & Compliance
We’re looking for an exceptional leader who is excited to shape our Legal, compliance and ethical integrity across Africa with our rapidly growing team of 1000+ staff. Your primary goal will be ensuring that Wasoko is operating within the right legal frameworks and compliance. We are seeking someone who is passionate about this role, and inspired by our mission to empower local entrepreneurs and transform informal business across Africa.
East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania)West Africa (Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Senegal)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop our legal and compliance strategy to support Wasoko’s mission and business goals
- Set up legal & compliance frameworks and procedures across the company to mitigate risks and ensure timely delivery of all requirements
- Ensure timely incorporation of relevant laws, regulations and codes of best practice by monitoring developments in the law.
- Play a critical role and provide support in regulatory relationship management
- Oversee and review of all legal documents relating to Wasoko business
- Assist the business to create and maintain a compliance culture through auditing and regular reporting
- Drive legal due diligence for any new business ventures
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and external third parties to support operations across the Company
- Provide proactive in-house compliance advice to management and staff as needed.
- Coach and mentor senior leaders across the organization on legal matters relating to their functions
The successful candidate will possess:
- 10+ years experience as a qualified lawyer in any of our jurisdictions with a current practicing license
- At least 5+ years in a leadership role preferably in corporate commercial and regulatory
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects across multiple jurisdictions.
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback.
- Ability to understand complex business problems, effectively handle ambiguity and manage change.
- Strong EQ and ability to influence decisions
- Exceptional attention to details
- Previous experience working in fast-paced, decentralized environments; experience helping organizations scale
- Added Advantages
- Multi-country experience
- French language knowledge.