Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) seeks individuals of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization, and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, and Uganda.
The Head of IT Help Desk’s primary objective is to supervise rapid resolution of technology issues that are reported through the WFP ticket system to ensure service request fulfillment. The position requires a hands-on technical leader who is responsible for delivering a world class support experience for WFP RBN staff and other external partners. The manager is expected get into details with complex technical issues while thinking about the big picture. Additionally, this manager has strong leadership and communication skills which lead to their team to exceeding performance expectations.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- An advanced university degree in IT or Computer Science or other relevant field with training on MCSE, MCP, CCNA, ITIL and customer service training; or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- At least 5 years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment, with at least 2 years managing an ICT team in a large or busy organization
- Competence in Windows Active Directory Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects.
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS Easyvista Service management and SharePoint.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Manage All Help Desk Operations
- Deliver first level for day-to-day technical support and overall incident management process for WFP RBN Staff and Partners.
- Promote positive end-user relationships and drive customer satisfaction.
- Promote continuous improvement of Tier 1 support, desktop administration, and telecom delivery for all stakeholders.
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff to support business through excellent customer service.
- Ensure good working relation and coordination of service desk staff with other Sectional/Divisional staff.
- Monitoring ticket volume and performance metrics while supporting the team in exceeding expectations, including corrective action if necessary.
- Gather and report operational metrics, accomplishments, and priorities for weekly leadership meeting.
- Establish trends and identify patterns of recurring issues, SLA breaches or inefficiencies
- Escalation and resolution of software issues to the information systems/development team
- Escalation and resolution of third-party software/systems issues by the support team
- Define team goals and lead staff to achieving desired results, and while being accountable for team performance.
- Define and implement processes and procedures for supporting all Business units across the organization.
- Develop Helpdesk annual work plan with performance targets assigned weights.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved, or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain Technical Support/knowledge base.
- Other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Fixed Term Contract
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
May 13, 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.