Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance Officer – Disbursements _AfCFTA
Reports to: Senior Disbursement Officer
Directorate/Department : Finance
Division :Accounting, Budget and Financial Management
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 4
Job Grade: P2
Number of Positions: 01
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Job
To provide technical support managing and processing payments in accordance with African Union Financial Rules and Regulations.
• Research and recommend new developments on areas of improvement in budget matters and policies
• Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AfCFTA’s internal use.
• Assist in the following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
• Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
• Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
• Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships
• Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
• Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
• Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
• Generate SAP ERP payment runs and be subject matter expert in the Financial Management Unit;
• Ensure that all vendors (corporate and staff) data and bank details are accurately and completely updated in SAP;
• Reconcile transactions paid through a run to actual transfers made to the bank and submit the report to the relevant authority;
• Provide support in ensuring that there is the provision of professional services to vendors/suppliers in an efficient manner.
• Ensure that financial systems and controls in place within the office are adequate and operate all the time;
• Provide support in maintaining and updating all the financial documents and ensure confidentiality of the financial information;
• Post/release parked transactions in SAP ERP and release the payment vouchers;
• Maintains the SAP exchange rate table in SAP ERP on the first day of each month;
• Support the audit process and all other related assignments by ensuring data veracity for all transactions posted and vendor records maintained;
• Respond to internal/external audit observations and implement successfully audit recommendation;
• Process salaries after Payroll is run by Payroll Unit;
• Process all payments (15 Series) in SAP after posting of 10 or 19 series;
• Process all payments from Travel (Tickets) and P&P from procurement and down payment to vendor;
• Perform Payment Run process in SAP to generate disbursement of funds;
• Systemic verification and processing of MM invoices and FI documents on timely basis;
• Ensure that all payments are authorized and legitimate supporting documentation are provided;
• Coordinate SAP enhancement projects under the Financial Management Unit of Directorate of Finance;
• Manage and improve the procedures and controls in relation to the timely processing of all payments;
• Monitor, analyze, and manage open items; monitors and reports status of open items to supervisor
• Supervise Assistant Accountants in the Financial Management Unit;
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field with 5 years of relevant work experience in a national or international organization.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a national or international organization.
• Experience with financial systems/finance module of enterprise resource planning (ERP) such as SAP or similar ERP is required.
• Hands-on experience in establishing financial management function in an international organization is highly desirable;
• Advance knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Analytical skills
• Able to successfully manage ambiguity
• Able to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitivity
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Insight..
- Developing Others..
- Change Management..
- Managing Risk…
- Teamwork and Collaboration..
- Accountable and Complies with Rules..
- Learning Orientation..
- Communicating with Influence…
- Analytical thinking and problem solving..
- Job Knowledge and information sharing..
- Drive for result..
- Continuous improvement focus..
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 9 May 2022.
Requisition ID: 1101