Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Student Affairs and Services
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network.
Reporting to the University Registrar, the incumbent will develop short- and medium-term plans for the department; be responsible for their implementation; oversee the operations of the functional area through a team and will review and resolve policy issues and make decisions subject to policies, broad practices and procedures. S/he will be responsible for driving the achievement of organizational objectives by identifying opportunities for growth and learning while fostering a high-performance culture.
The incumbent will serve as a member on the East Africa Executive Committee and be accountable to the Vice Provost for specific tasks assigned in consultation with/information of the University Registrar.
The position holder will be required to:
- Develop short- and medium-term plans for the department in line with the strategic plan of the University in Kenya.
- Oversee and manage the smooth functioning of registrarial services for the University in Kenya
- Lead, direct, manage and oversee the process of student recruitment and admissions
- Provide support to academic programmes and registry functions including working with the University Registrar to lead the planning and execution of Convocation ceremonies in Kenya
- Maintain current knowledge of University academic regulations in order to recommend revisions to existing practices and assist members of the University community in the interpretation of regulations for purposes of AKU’s academic quality assurance and statutory compliance
- Manage the recruitment, retention, and development of employees in the Department
The ideal candidate will:
- possess a PhD or equivalent. Candidates pursuing a PhD may also apply
- have at least 5 years’ of relevant professional experience/transferable skills including 3 to 4 years in a leadership role.
- have proven experience of planning, directing, and supervising in a large, multi-centre organization.
- have experience of working within the East Africa higher education system.
- have experience working with ERP software; PeopleSoft Campus Solutions would be an asset
- have previous working within the structures of regulatory and professional accreditation bodies
- be proficient in written and oral English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- have the ability to work in an atmosphere of collegial decision-making; demonstrate consensus-building skills, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have a proven record of administrative and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet conflicting deadlines in a timely fashion and with accuracy.
How To Apply