Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Strategic Information Officer (1 position) CHS/HR/STP/SIO/01/2022
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns. CHS is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the position of Strategic Information Officer.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the SI Lead, the SI officers will be coordinating all SI field-related activities for HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment services, TB, GBV, VMMC services and provide constant feedback to both the technical and program teams including health care workers in health facilities.
- Act as a link between CHS and SCHMTs on both paper and electronic prevention, VMMC, care and treatment data related issues.
- Provide technical support to CHS-supported health facilities in collection, collation, analysis and reporting of health information to relevant stakeholders using national reporting systems
- Support the uploading of facility EMR data into the National Data Warehouse (NDWH) and DHIS
- Support the implementation of web-based and mobile health solutions to facilitate real time data transmission and reporting.
- Support EMR data cleaning and monitoring of daily data entry into the systems through regular data quality audit for quality patient management and report
- Contribute in the review and/or development of monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that are responsive to data needs
- Organise and/or participate in SI related capacity building activities targeting CHS staff; health facility staff; and other stakeholders
- Work closely with other CHS staff and stakeholders to strengthen systems for monitoring patient outcomes; monitoring quality of care; tracing patients who default; data quality assurance; and data collection, collation, analysis and dissemination
- Provide expertise in developing and/or review of indicators for monitoring and evaluation of program performance
- Ensure timely and proper implementation of the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) monitoring and evaluation guidelines including roll out of new tools in all CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthen data utilisation for decision making at facility and county level
- Participate in research studies that may be undertaken by CHS or any of her collaborating partners
- Provide technical lead in quarterly data feedback to county health management teams and health facilities
- Participate in joint quarterly support supervision of health facilities by CHMTs and CHS
- Provide advice to MoH through participation in relevant technical working groups
- Document best M&E practices and disseminate the same to relevant stakeholders
- Provide lead in timely collection, cleaning and reporting of quarterly and other routine data to donors and other stakeholders
- Respond to ad hoc requests for collection and analysis of data when need arises
- Participate in regional and national stakeholders forums or conferences on health and give presentations during these meetings
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, biostatistics, statistics, monitoring and evaluation or an equivalent academic qualification from a recognized institution.
- At least three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS care and treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HTC and VMMC programs in Kenya
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CVs with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting the position you are applying, and reference number as indicated in the subject line. Applications close on Thursday 12 May 2022. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.