Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with fully fledged branches in Nairobi, Litein, Mombasa, Nkubu and Kisii, and Satellite offices in Olenguruone, Silibwet, Othaya, Kutus, Kangari, Kapsabet and Nyamira. We are looking for self-driven and results-oriented person to fill the following position: –
Human Resource & Administration Manager
- Job Profile
- Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Manager
- Status 3 Years Contract (Renewable on performance)
- Duty Station Headquarters
- Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
- Division/Department Human Resource and Administration
- Directly Supervises
- Human Resource & Administration Officer
- Senior Procurement Officer
- Executive Assistant
Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic leadership and management oversight for the Human Resources, Staff Development and Administration functions in matters of strategy, policy compliance and operations in line with Chai Sacco strategic mission, vision and corporate values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
(a) To carry out Human Resource Related duties as follows:
- Develop human resource plans and strategies aligned to the Society’s business strategy.
- Development of staff welfare policies and procedures as aligned to the Society’s business strategy.
iii. Provide advisory and support services to line managers in administering Society staff policies, disciplinary issues, conflict resolution, grievance handling, and other people management matters.
- Advice on employee relations and communication policies and strategies to maximize staff involvement and commitment while minimizing conflict.
- Formulate and implement strategies on human resource planning and recruitment.
- Oversee the induction of new staff members who join the Society.
vii. Assist in ensuring proper deployment of staff in the organization.
viii. Advise the Chief Executive Officer and other Managers on appropriate human resource management policies and strategies.
- Plan and direct employee development, performance and career management programmes to improve individual and corporate performance.
- Implements performance management system, ensures staff are regularly appraised and relevant reports prepared and submitted for management decision making.
- Implementation of reward management and remuneration policies and strategies that attract, retain and motivate employees to higher productivity.
xii. Review human resources policies, procedures, documentation and systems to identify needs for improvement and enhancement of the HR function as well as to ensure compliance with ever-changing rules and regulations.
xiii. Develop and manage the department’s budget in liaison with Finance Department
xiv. Institutes resource estimation, procurement, allocation and utilization control
- Maintain proper records of staff personnel files, leave records, contract expiry and renewals.
xvi. Ensuring proper management of employees benefit schemes, medical insurance, pension.
xvii. Supervise staff attendance and plan work schedules as required.
(b.) To carry out Administration related duties as follows:
- Taking charge of general office administration by managing office space, maintaining service contracts, managing office equipment and monitoring administrative costs.
- Running of the office by providing support in the managing of office space, maintaining service contracts and managing office equipment.
iii. Supervising the administrative team including the support staff (messenger, driver, cleaners, and security)
- Coordinating with the Senior Procurement Officer to ensure that office supplies and inventory are replenished.
- Liaising with the Finance Department to ensure prompt payment of purchased supplies.
- In charge of giving direction on maintenance and repairs of office, furniture and equipment
vii. Organizing and setting up staff functions such as staff meetings, long service award ceremonies, team building, birthdays etc.
viii. Liaising with other departments on any admin issues.
- Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for staff welfare in handling of employees’ grievance, leave, illness, staff counselling on personal or work problems
- Oversee Industrial Relations issues in the Sacco
iii. To take charge of HR planning and recruitment activities in the Sacco
- Facilitate training needs assessment with team
- Organizing and coordination of training and capacity building programs for staff and board
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure prompt monthly returns of statutory deductions – NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, DIT
vii. Preparation of HR reports on HR issues
viii. Participate in the preparation and implementation of the Strategic Plan
- Participate in organizational design of the Society
- Analyze work processes and recommend improvements where necessary
- Ensure that quality, environment, health and safety programs are cascaded to all levels
xii. Supervising, training and appraising staff
III. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas
The jobholder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows:
- Effective and efficient staff recruitment
- Continuous staff development and appraisal
- Fair and equitable compensation of employees
- Management of harmonious employee relations
- Maintenance of appropriate working environment
- Ensures efficient staff welfare services
- Effective performance management system
- Effective cost control
- Ensure reliable Human Resource database
- Master’s degree in business related field
- A First degree in Social Science of Human Resource Management
- A Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Member of Institute of Human Resource Management
- Experience in Health and Safety or quality improvement is an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong negotiation skills and leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of labour laws and Employment act 2007
- Ability to supervise company security and administrative functions
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skill and good in employee relations
- Good conflict management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Minimum Experience Required
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in a similar role
Successful candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya by obtaining the relevant documentation.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria to submit their application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least three contacts of professional referees, copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The HR & Administration Manager,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
P.O. Box 278 – 00200, Nairobi.
All applications should be submitted on email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading clearly marked “Human Resource & Administration Manager”. The candidate must also attach a summary of their data as per attached data form (summary data Sheet must be filled in MS Word format and sent as Ms. Word format. i.e. Do not scan it).
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Application deadline: SATURDAY 7TH MAY 2022 AT 5:00PM.
CHAI SACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER