Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF OFFICER – HEALTH AND SANITATION J.G CPSB 02 ‘S’
Positions: – 1
Terms of Service: – 5 Year Contract
The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized officer for the department or division for which they are in-charge in accordance with Section 45 of the County Government Act, 2012. The Chief Officer will be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member under which the department falls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of a County Department:
- Formulation and implementation of programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plan;
- Implementation of policies and regulations;
- Providing strategic policy direction for efficient and effective service delivery.
- Ensuring compliance, understanding and commitment to National Values and Principles of Governance and Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 respectively.
- Ensuring efficient and effective utilization of the departments’ financial and non-financial resources including budget control and reporting on financial information , material resources and facilities.
- Building human resource capacity by developing and implementing human resource plans for the department
- Promoting the realization of County Integrated Development Plans
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of at least a first Degree in related discipline from an institution recognized in Kenya.
- Masters’ Degree in a relevant field from an institution recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks or its comparable and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have good communication, presentation, research and analytical skills;
- Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years in the related field, five (5) of which should have been at a senior/managerial level.
- Understand the diversity, challenges and opportunities within the County;
- Appreciation of information, communication and Technology (ICT),
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Must be a visionary and strategic thinker;
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
All applicants are expected to present the following additional documents during interviews for purpose of complying with the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
- ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the application form with position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
- Courier and Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Board’s office at Ardhi House 1st floor, Bondo.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach the Board on or before Monday, 16th May 2022 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth, Persons with Disability, Marginalized Groups and Non-Dominant Communities are encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- WARNING BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS: Siaya County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor Charge ANY FEE at any stage of recruitment and selection process. In case of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.
- Our official communication channels are email address; email@example.com and phone number 0710383877 ONLY.
ONLY SHORTLISTED AND SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED