Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No.
Public Relations Officer
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA – in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Public Relations Officer within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Head of Marketing and Corporate Communications and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The Public Relations Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the communications strategy with emphasis on good media relations, act as a liaison between the brand and media houses and will be in charge of content for both internal and external communication.
- Ensure that all Jubilee functions and marketing collaterals are created and distributed in accordance with brand guidelines and in keeping with the company’s overall communications strategy.
- Maintain and develop Jubilee’s public relations strategy in light of market changes both internal and external and based on strategic actions taken during the year, advise and recommend to Management possible outcomes and response possibilities.
- Gather, receive, and disseminate information that could provide Jubilee with a strategic advantage over its competitors.
- Reply to any general public, media, and special interest group questions about the Company
- Monitor publicity and provide regular reports to the management on a regular basis.
- Conduct research and market surveys to monitor the brand health of the organization. Ensure the reporting and implementation of all findings to management as is relevant.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper dissemination of information while managing relations and building relationships with key players in the media
- Plan, develop, and implement PR initiatives, internal communications, and external media relations initiatives that support the overall organizational brand strategy.
- Research, write, and distribute relevant content that includes press releases to targeted media.
- Collate and analyze media coverage.
- Coordinate the photography function during external and internal events for use by various stakeholders.
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days, and press tours.
- Source and manage speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Manage the PR aspect of the brand through reputational and crisis management tactics.
- Prepare and edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stakeholder reports.
- Establish and maintain cordial relationships with representatives of the community, consumer employees and public interest groups.
- Liaise with management to identify trends and key group interests and concerns to provide advice on business decisions based on solid competitor analysis reports.
- Run the social media function of the company. This includes monitoring activity, creating content and uploading regular updates on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and any other platforms that may be convenient for product promotion.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or Humanities
- Diploma in CIM, Public Relations or relevant field would be an added advantage
- Computer literacy in a range of current applications such as word processing, layout, design and photo editing.
- Basic knowledge of photography and related trending technologies
- Superior Stakeholder Management
- Strong Interpersonal and Networking Skills
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Excellent media management and contacts
- Sound written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to understand technical and business concepts and express these concepts in clear, concise instructions
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers, as well as the general public;
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, as well as the capacity to make sound decisions.
- Ability to evaluate and react to public perception of Jubilee’s strategic agenda to drive congruence
- Strong intellectual, creative, and execution abilities including superior speech/article writing skills
At least 5 years working experience in Media, communications, or journalism
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting
the Job Reference Number and Position by 13th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted