Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No. JFSL003
Position: Risk and Compliance Officer
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA-in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Risk and Compliance Officer within Jubilee Financial Services Limited.
The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The Risk and Compliance Officer will be accountable for compliance for Jubilee Financial Services and support services on all levels across board to all internal and external clients, as wells external regulations, acts and laws applicable to the financial services industry.
- Ensures applicable regulation is complied with by the business lines and support functions through day-to-day monitoring and regular review of compliance to legislation, regulations and internal policies and controls.
- Ensures compliance risks are identified, assessed, controlled and enforced through business and support specific policies & procedures.
- Ensures suspicious transactions are identified and reported immediately to the MLRO without tipping off.
- Review Company process/operational manuals and systems to ensure that are regularly updated to meet the set regulations, policies and all other requirements such as mandates, escalations, controls, etc. are in place and aligned.
- Identifying areas of compliance weakness and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the CEO’s, Heads of Departments, Group Risk and Compliance functions.
- Work with Internal Audit on their recommendation on compliance related issues for implementation.
- Preparing departmental compliance training material, train staff and third parties across all lines. Verify understanding through testing. Work with the Risk and Compliance team on projects to increase awareness of Risk and Compliance issues.
- Preparing and presenting Risk and Compliance reports to various stakeholders daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Coordinating the Anti–Money Laundering, Data Protection and other regulatory activities.
- Conducting continuous audits, reviews and enhancements of Risk and Compliance on processes/ systems/documents and manuals with reference to laid down policies, regulations, laws and best practices in the line of business
- Be aware of any regulatory/legal changes affecting clients and the effect of the same on the company.
- Collaborate with Data Protection Officer, internal, external auditors and HR as required.
- Report non-compliance and support the team in management of a crisis or compliance violation
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Implement Risk Framework components – enhance build or expand risk strategy identification, assessment, appetite and reporting infrastructure.
- Regularly report to the management, key persons and the board on the company’s risk and compliance profile as well as exposures with their attendant mitigants.
- Enable the balancing of business opportunities and risk effectively using systems and systems and controlled processes.
- Demonstrate Teamwork/spirit and continued personal development: – Back up team members as allocated and share skills/knowledge and experience
- Attend training, seminars, works as directed by Management
- Work with integrity, passion and commitment through:
- Full compliance of Jubilee Insurance non solicitation policy,
- Protection of company’s data base, IP, strategy and secrets, sensitive, personal, confidential client data
- Ensuring unethical ways/behavior of other team members are reported to the manager.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
- Strong Analytical skills
- High level of Integrity and Professionalism
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Regulatory/market Awareness
- Compliance Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership &Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Degree in finance, legal, risk or related field
- CPA(K), CISI, ICIFA, CFA qualification is an added advantage
- Computer software packages
At least 3 years working experience in a compliance/ audits environment within the financial services industry.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting
the Job Reference Number and Position by 11th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted