Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pwani University, a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and supporting members of staff to undertake research. The University is seeking to recruit competent and professional staff at the level of Laboratory Technician Grade C
SCHOOL OF PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Biological Sciences
Laboratory Technician Grade C 1 POSITION REF: PU/ADV/07/04/2022
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION OF LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
(MICROBIOLOGY) GRADE C
Appointment to this is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a two (2) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason
Applicants MUST be holders of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Biology or its equivalent qualification from an accredited and recognized university.
The candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience with proven integrity, independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines.
The candidate should have the following skills
• Strong technical ability in the field
• Data and procedure analysis
• Computer literacy
• Interpersonal skills
• Technical communication skills
• Teamwork skills
• Swimming and or diving skills
• In-water rescue skills
• Skills in First aid, public safety and evacuation
• Coxswain skill shall be an added advantage
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to
• Conduct practical classes and student’s field work
• Manage practical manuals to and from students
• Maintain an updated inventory of consumables and non- consumables in the areas of jurisdiction
• Prepare budget of laboratory materials and supplies
• Manage the operations and safety of laboratory equipment and stores
• Ensure that the laboratory working environment is safe and free of accidents
• Ensure that the laboratory equipment is safely and properly stored.
• Manage experimental facilities and students projects in fish hatcheries, ponds and /or marshes
• Participate in the planned surveys and sample bio data collection in coastal and marine environments
• Perform specific chemical and biological analyses of water
• Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependents, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the above position.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should also include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Persons living with disability should attach a copy of their National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) Registration Card.
Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 20th May 2022. Applications received later than this date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
PWANI UNIVERSITY DOES NOT CHARGE FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE
RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR